Need help through the permitting process? One-Stop Lexington can walk you through the process.
One-Stop Lexington consolidates information for development permitting services into a single location. The site includes a zoning portal, commercial construction portal, and residential construction portal, and provides citizens and the development community with 24-hour access to information regarding required permits and associated fees.
Accela citizen portal
Accela is Lexington’s online permitting portal:
- Apply for over thirty different types of permits and services.
- Submit applications and plans for review and approval.
- Track the status of projects from site plan submittal through Certificate of Occupancy.
- Contact the One-Stop Shop for help with submitting and tracking applications with Accela.
Planning provides a vision and strategy that will allow Lexington to grow and prosper while preserving, protecting and enhancing existing neighborhoods, downtown and the rural Bluegrass cultural landscape.
Engineering oversees the design and construction of capital infrastructure projects, ensures new development is compliant with the community’s standards, and manages permitting within the public right-of-way.
- New development, redevelopment, construction, & demolition projects
- Do I need a Land Disturbance Permit?
- Permitting Packet for New Development & Redevelopment Projects in Fayette County
- Stormwater Manual 2016 (see main Engineering page for addenda)
- Infrastructure Development Process
- Right-of-Way Management
Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city’s computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
Water Quality provides citizens of Lexington-Fayette County with wastewater treatment and stormwater management services.
Building Inspection’s goal is to ensure safe construction of projects by enforcing the Kentucky Building Code.