What is the American Rescue Plan Act?
ARPA will deliver $120,000,000 in federal funding to the City of Lexington to aid in economic recovery to ensure growth and equitable recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City of Lexington will invest an unprecedented amount of funding into our community. We want our residents to help us prioritize this funding. Tell us what matters most to you!
Do you have a specific project for us to consider? Tell us about it by completing the ARPA project idea form.
Priorities and principles
- Highest priority
- Projects that have a direct impact on vulnerable populations and those impacted the most by the pandemic
- Budget related principles
- One-time projects that entail no ongoing costs
- Projects that produce savings or increased revenue in the future
- Additional principles
- Projects that lead to economic opportunity
- Projects that make an impact on our physical infrastructure
- Projects that made an impact on our social infrastructure
Commitment to transparency
The council and the administration are committed to full transparency with the use of all funds, and to ensuring equitable fund distribution across the city and its populations.
Funding categories and types of allowable projects
- Community health, wellness and quality of life
- Critical city services, employee retention and facilities
- Economic recovery and growth
- Equity-focused services and partnerships
- Growing successful neighborhoods
- Harm prevention and public safety