Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city's computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
- Issues permits to contractors and others for lane blockages, dumpster or storage container on the street and for block parties.
- Develops street lighting plans for pole replacements.
- Provides technical assistance and layout for signs and markings of new subdivision and commercial development plans.
- TE Standards and Guidelines for Developments
- Driveway guidelines
- Decorative street sign and posts guidelines
- Request fiber locates with our online process www.lexingtonky.gov/locates
Two major lane closures could delay Friday morning commute.
South Mill Street, between West Vine and West High, will be closed to traffic 24-hours a day starting at 8 a.m. Monday, March 22, and continuing through 4 p.m. Friday, March 26.
Mechanical issues with a crane that will position concrete beams for the new Brighton Rail Trail Bridge over Man O’ War Boulevard, has pushed back that work to late Friday night/Saturday morning.