Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city's computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
- Issues permits to contractors and others for lane blockages, dumpster or storage container on the street and for block parties.
- Develops street lighting plans for pole replacements.
- Provides technical assistance and layout for signs and markings of new subdivision and commercial development plans.
- TE Standards and Guidelines for Developments
- Driveway guidelines
- Decorative street sign and posts guidelines
- Request fiber locates with our online process www.lexingtonky.gov/locates
South Forbes Road will be shut down between Manchester St. and the railroad tracks beginning Monday, June 21.
Traffic Engineering will be installing speed tables on Pine Bloom Drive between Alexandria Drive and Georgian Way. The work is scheduled for Friday, May 21, weather permitting.
Two traffic signals on West Short Street will be converted from timed lights to flashing four-way stops between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. The change, at the intersections of North Mill and North Upper streets, will take effect at 7 p.m. on Monday, May 10.