Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city's computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
- Issues permits to contractors and others for lane blockages, dumpster or storage container on the street and for block parties.
- Develops street lighting plans for pole replacements.
- Provides technical assistance and layout for signs and markings of new subdivision and commercial development plans.
- TE Standards and Guidelines for Developments
- Driveway guidelines
- Decorative street sign and posts guidelines
- Request fiber locates with our online process www.lexingtonky.gov/locates
Crews will begin milling and repaving work on Versailles Road between Parkers Mill and Oxford Circle (west intersection) starting at 6 p.m. on Sunday, September 12. The work, which will take place between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., is expected to take six nights.
UPDATED INFORMATION: The speed table installation has been postponed to Thursday, September 16.
Milling and paving work on South Limestone between Upper Street at Scott Street and Virginia Avenue, will begin Friday evening, July 23, and extend through Friday morning, July 30.