Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city's computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
- Issues permits to contractors and others for lane blockages, dumpster or storage container on the street and for block parties.
- Develops street lighting plans for pole replacements.
- Provides technical assistance and layout for signs and markings of new subdivision and commercial development plans.
- TE Standards and Guidelines for Developments
- Driveway guidelines
- Decorative street sign and posts guidelines
- Request fiber locates with our online process www.lexingtonky.gov/locates
Now it’s a beautiful, safe place to walk or cycle, and an even more attractive place to shop.
Motorists coming downtown this weekend and next may need to alter their routes to avoid road closures on Vine and Main streets near the Central Bank Center and Victorian Square.
Traffic Engineering will be installing multi-way stop sign controls and pavement markings at the intersection of E Tiverton Way at Habersham Drive. The work is scheduled for Tuesday, August 25, weather permitting.