Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city's computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
- Issues permits to contractors and others for lane blockages, dumpster or storage container on the street and for block parties.
- Develops street lighting plans for pole replacements.
- Provides technical assistance and layout for signs and markings of new subdivision and commercial development plans.
- TE Standards and Guidelines for Developments
- Driveway guidelines
- Decorative street sign and posts guidelines
- Request fiber locates with our online process www.lexingtonky.gov/locates
Traffic Engineering will be installing multi-way stop sign controls and pavement markings at the intersection of Blackford Parkway and Bay Springs Drive. The work is scheduled for Tuesday, July 14, weather permitting.
Traffic Engineering will be installing multi-way stop sign controls and pavement markings at the intersection of St. Ann Drive at St. Mathilda Drive/St. Phillip Drive. The work is scheduled for Tuesday, July 7, weather permitting.