Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city's computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
- Issues permits to contractors and others for lane blockages, dumpster or storage container on the street and for block parties.
- Develops street lighting plans for pole replacements.
- Provides technical assistance and layout for signs and markings of new subdivision and commercial development plans.
- TE Standards and Guidelines for Developments
- Driveway guidelines
- Decorative street sign and posts guidelines
Bolivar Street will be one-way from S. Upper toward Oliver Lewis Way and S.
Lexington visitors and commuters will notice traffic changes in the University of Kentucky area soon. Avenue of Champions, from South Limestone to Lexington Avenue, will be restricted to one-way traffic beginning Monday, March 9.