Traffic Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of the city's computerized traffic control system, including first-line response for emergency signal repair.
- Traffic Ticker: Up-to-the-minute reports of traffic tie-ups and street closings.
- Live traffic cameras: Citizens are able to view high definition traffic cameras located around the city.
- Valley View Ferry: Operating status and general information.
- Construction: Information about ongoing construction projects.
- Issues permits to contractors and others for lane blockages, dumpster or storage container on the street and for block parties.
- Develops street lighting plans for pole replacements.
- Provides technical assistance and layout for signs and markings of new subdivision and commercial development plans.
- TE Standards and Guidelines for Developments
- Driveway guidelines
- Decorative street sign and posts guidelines
- Request fiber locates with our online process www.lexingtonky.gov/locates
The new configuration will replace the east lane with a bike lane and buffer space.
Closure coincides with public school’s fall break.
Traffic Engineering will be installing multi-way stop sign controls and pavement markings at the intersection of Lancelot Lane at Camelot Drive. The work is scheduled for Wednesday, September 21, weather permitting.