In order to host a block party in Lexington you must first obtain a block party permit.
A permit may be issued only:
- To an adult resident of the interested neighborhood, neighborhood association president or church pastor.
- If the neighborhood has been notified of the party.
- If the neighborhood takes part (no private parties allowed).
- If a LexTran route will not be interrupted.
- If the permit is requested 10 days prior to the date of block party.
- If the permit holder (group representative) is held responsible for supplying, erecting and removing necessary barricades for the event.
NO OTHER LAW OR ORDINANCE SHALL BE VIOLATED