In order to host a block party in Lexington you must first obtain a block party permit.
A permit may be issued only:
- To an adult resident of the interested neighborhood, neighborhood association president or church pastor.
- If the neighborhood has been notified of the party.
- If the neighborhood takes part (no private parties allowed).
- If a LexTran route will not be interrupted.
- If the permit is requested 10 days prior to the date of block party.
- If the permit holder (group representative) is held responsible for supplying, erecting and removing necessary barricades for the event. LFUCG does not supply supply barricades or any signs
NO OTHER LAW OR ORDINANCE SHALL BE VIOLATED