The Central Records Unit is part of the police department's Bureau of Administration. This unit helps residents and visitors with:
- Alarm system registration
- Background checks/criminal records report
- NOTE: Lexington Police does not process background checks. This link will take you to the Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts.
- Collision and accident reports
- Crime reports
- Open records requests
- Fingerprinting: The cost for fingerprinting is $10 for each card. Fingerprinting Hours: Tuesday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Scrap Metal Dealers: Submit application by mail or hand delivered with appropriate signatures to the Lexington Police Department. Application