The Lexington Police Department offers professional career paths to officers with competitive compensation and benefits!
Send a text to our Recruiter! Text JOINLEXPD to (859) 658-1414. For additional information, contact the Lexington Police Recruiter:
Call: (859) 425-2325
Salary and Incentives
- Starting salary is $61,838 annually or $29.73 hourly
- Earn a $3,000 bonus upon successfully completing the Lexington Police Department Training Academy.
- Take-home vehicle (Available out-of-county)
- $100 monthly subsidy for equipment allowance
- $500 annual uniform allowance
- $530.74 per month credit toward flexible benefits package: health, dental, vision
- $4,300 KLEFPF funding annually
- Paid sick leave, vacation time, holiday time
- 4/10 work schedule with 3 days off, fixed shifts and shift differential pay
- Non-residential police academy (recruits return home at the end of each training day)
- Fitness Facility
- Mentoring Program
- Retirement and pension plan for 25 years of service
- Life and disability insurance
- 401K and 457 deferred compensation plans
- Up to four weeks of Parental Leave
- G.I. Bill benefits program
- Associate’s and Master’s Degree programs (Earn a BCTC Associate’s Degree upon graduation from the academy)
- Up to $2,000 per year tuition reimbursement program towards an educational degree (credit hours)
Military Member Benefits
The Lexington Police Department values your service as a member of the United States Armed Forces. Whether you are discharged and looking for a new career or if you are currently serving in reserve status, the department looks forward to seeing you in one of our uniforms. Many former and current United States Military Members are currently employed by our department.
Some of the benefits you will receive include:
- Veterans preference points for police recruit testing in the hiring process.
- 21 days of paid military leave annually. Any leave unused will roll over to the following year.
- If you are deployed, LFUCG will supplement any salary differential between your LFUCG salary and your military pay.
- Military liaison officer who assists and follows up with officers/soldiers during deployment.
- GI Bill reimbursement while attending the training academy.
Visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website for more information regarding the GI Bill.
You took on a commitment to protect and serve our nation. The Lexington Police Department is looking for men and women like you, who possess integrity, respect, leadership skills and ambition. If you are looking to transition, we can offer you a rewarding career with endless opportunities.