Office of Diversity & Inclusion
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion works to promote an inclusive workplace culture throughout the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government. Additionally, this office seeks to create an environment in which each employee feels respected, valued and appreciated for their own identity.
Duties of this office include:
- Partnering with the private sector, not-for-profit organizations, community leaders and academic institutions;
- Opening the government’s recruiting channels to ensure a more diverse pool of candidates for available positions, leadership roles, and board or commission appointments;
- Working with and advising City administrators on handling diversity-related matters when needed;
- Serving as a representative of the government at diversity-related events; and
- Helping train and educate all employees to create a culture of inclusion and not exclusion.
- The Office of Diversity & Inclusion is under the Office of the CAO.
Boards and commission diversity statement
The City of Lexington seeks diversity among the members of its volunteer boards and commissions through inclusive efforts that are reflective of our community. Diverse board membership encourages the exchange of different perspectives and supports social equity in communities. Therefore, it is a priority of the city of Lexington to have representation based on ethnicity, varying age, gender, disability, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, political affiliation, socioeconomic and family status, and geographic region on our boards and commissions.