Thank you for your interest in volunteering for one of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government’s boards or commissions. It is residents like you that make Lexington a great place to live.
We have 70 boards and commissions with many areas of interest from which to choose; land use and planning, parks, the environment, public safety and public health are all areas of importance to our community.
Fill out an application to be considered for a board or commission by clicking "apply" below. We will contact you when your interests and qualifications match specific vacancies.
LFUCG Boards and Commissions Membership Diversity Statement
The City of Lexington seeks diversity among the membership of its volunteer boards and commissions through inclusive efforts that are reflective of our community. Diverse board membership encourages the exchange of different perspectives and supports social equity in communities. Therefore, it is a priority of the City of Lexington to increase diversity among the membership of its boards and commissions.
Current demographics information can be found on the dashboard below. This information is updated monthly. Demographics from previous time periods are available in our archive folder.
* The Ethics Act only applies to certain boards and commissions. Your board or commission may also be subject to the Code of Ethics, found in the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Charter. Please contact the Department of Law if you have any questions whether the Code of Ethics or the Ethics Act applies to your board or commission.
- Boards and Commissions Application
- Financial Interest Statement
- Auditor of Public Accounts: 32 Recommendations for Public and Nonprofit Boards
- Law Department: Open Records/ Open Meetings
- Internal Audit Division: Financial Controls
- Managing Government Records Publication
- Open Records Open Meetings Guide
- Boards, Commissions and Authorities LFUCG Charter, Article 7
- Confirmation of Appointments: LFUCG Charter Appendix A, Chapter 4, part 5, Sec. 4.506