Emergency financial assistance

Emergency financial assistance is available to prevent eviction or utility service disconnection at current residence. Eligible costs include rent, mortgage and/or utility payments.

EFA guidelines

    Pre-screening questions:

    1. How long have you lived in Fayette County?
      If the answer is one or more years, then proceed to the next question.
    2. Has Adult & Tenant Services assisted you with rent or utilities within the last three years?
      If the answer is no, then proceed to the next question.
    3. Utility  Do you have a disconnect notice or is your utility bill 30-days or more past due?
      If the answer is yes, please follow the directions for making an appointment below.
    4. Rent / Mortgage – Do you have a seven-day notice or is your rent/mortgage 30-days or more past due?  
      If the answer is yes, please follow the directions for making an appointment below.

    How to make an appointment

    The Adult & Tenant Services referral line is open on the second Monday of each month at 8 a.m. The appointments slots are filled on a first-call, first-serve basis and until we have reached the maximum number of appointments to be scheduled for the month.

    The referral line will resume on Monday, July 9, 2018

    Individuals will need to call the referral line at (859) 300-5300 and leave a clear voice message with the following information:

    • Name;
    • Contact phone number; and
    • A brief description of the financial assistance in need.

    Calling the Adult and Tenant Services referral line does not guarantee an appointment. Emergency Financial Assistance will be provided to eligible residents until all agency funds have been exhausted.

    What should I bring to my appointment?

    • Driver’s license or picture ID (for everyone in the home 18 years old or older)
    • Social security cards (for everyone in the home)
    • Verification of entire household income (Three most recent paystubs, SSI/SSDI, child support, benefit award letter, etc.)
    • Proof of Fayette County residency for 12 consecutive months (driver’s license, rental lease, etc.)
    • Copy of the utility disconnect notice, shut-off notice or past due housing cost that is greater than 30-day
    • Rental lease if seeking rental assistance
    • Eviction notice, forcible detainer, or statement (ledger) from your landlord/mortgage company showing past due housing cost that is greater than 30-days.

    Eligible clients will receive the appropriated financial assistance as long as funds are available