Social Services operates four core divisions providing an array of multi–generational services, from the “cradle to the rocking chair.” The department also supports collaborative efforts with an existing network of local non-profit organizations and human services agencies.
- Adult & Tenant Services (residential support)
- Aging & Disability Services
- Family Services
- Youth Services
Opioid Misuse Resource & Needs Assessment
The Substance Use Disorder Intervention Program, in consultation with the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, recently published the Opioid Misuse Resource & Needs Assessment. The assessment was designed to:
- characterize impacts on health and behavioral health providers, first responders, and other services
- identify the strengths of the service delivery system in response to the opioid epidemic
- identify unmet needs or barriers to accessing available resources for individuals who misuse opioids
Community members are invited to attend the 2nd Annual Listen Up! Lex festival on Saturday, Sept. 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Phoenix Park.
AVOL Kentucky (AVOL) was joined by Mayor Linda Gorton in announcing the primary goals and objectives for the tenth annual Dining Out For Life® (DOFL) event scheduled for Thursday, September 12.
Parents can take advantage of over 46 free and affordable positive programs for youth in our community.