Social Services operates four core divisions providing an array of multi–generational services, from the “cradle to the rocking chair.” The department also supports collaborative efforts with an existing network of local non-profit organizations and human services agencies.
- Adult & Tenant Services (residential support)
- Aging & Disability Services
- Family Services
- Youth Services
Opioid Misuse Resource & Needs Assessment
The Substance Use Disorder Intervention Program, in consultation with the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, recently published the Opioid Misuse Resource & Needs Assessment. The assessment was designed to:
- characterize impacts on health and behavioral health providers, first responders, and other services
- identify the strengths of the service delivery system in response to the opioid epidemic
- identify unmet needs or barriers to accessing available resources for individuals who misuse opioids
The 2020 Summer Youth Job Training Program (SYJTP) is seeking local businesses and community-based organizations to serve as worksites for this year’s program .
A facility that was considered ground-breaking when it opened in 1989 is still blazing an innovative trail today as it celebrates its 30th anniversary of work with parents and young children.
Community members are invited to attend the 2nd Annual Listen Up! Lex festival on Saturday, Sept. 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Phoenix Park.