Social Services operates four core divisions providing an array of multi–generational services, from the “cradle to the rocking chair.” The department also supports collaborative efforts with an existing network of local non-profit organizations and human services agencies.
- Adult & Tenant Services (residential support)
- Aging & Disability Services
- Family Services
- Youth Services
Opioid Misuse Resource & Needs Assessment
The Substance Abuse Intervention Program, in consultation with the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, recently published the Opioid Misuse Resource & Needs Assessment. The assessment was designed to:
- characterize impacts on health and behavioral health providers, first responders, and other services
- identify the strengths of the service delivery system in response to the opioid epidemic
- identify unmet needs or barriers to accessing available resources for individuals who misuse opioids
Extended Social Resources Grant Program
Grants to 35 social service agencies are part of Mayor Linda Gorton’s budget proposal now under consideration by the Urban County Council.
Partners for Youth releases their 2019 "I DO" summer program list. This list contains over 70 free and affordable programs available to youth in our community.
Partners for Youth is pleased to announce the 2019 “I DO” Spring Break Program List. During Fayette County Public Schools’ spring break, parents can take advantage of enrolling their children in over 35 free and affordable positive youth programs.