Candidates that successfully complete the hiring process and are selected for employment with Lexington Community Corrections, will be given a hire date to begin the Training Academy.
- 10-weeks in length
- Recruits are challenged academically and physically
- Recruits are required to pass weekly written exams and a comprehensive final exam
- Recruits are required to pass practical skills tests in defensive tactics and firearms
- Minimum passing score on all exams is 70% or higher
- After completing the Academy, the recruit will progress to the Field Training Officer Program
Field Training Officer Phase
This portion of the training is 5-weeks in length and consists of the recruit being paired up with a corrections officer that is certified as a field training officer to give hands-on training to supplement the Academy training. The recruit will be required to demonstrate the job knowledge and skills necessary to become a successful corrections officer prior to the end of the field training officer phase.