You must meet this requirements before appling for a position with Community Corrections.
Hiring Eligibility Requirements
You must meet the minimum qualifications as outlined for hiring consideration:
- Must have a minimum of high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must have official transcripts or diploma from the highest level of education completed.
- Must be at least of 21 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have an official birth certificate from State Bureau of Vital Statistics. (hospital/health department birth records CANNOT substitute for this state document.)
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Social Security card.
- Have not been prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm.
- No convictions of a serious misdemeanor within 12 months before the application filing deadline date and during the hiring process.
- No felony convictions.
- Have not used any illegal drugs or prescription medication in an illegal matter within 12 months during the hiring process.
- Have not been fired or forced to resign within 12 months preceding application.
- If you are former military, you will also need to provide a copy of your DD-214.
- Have not received a dishonorable discharge, or general discharge under other than honorable conditions if having served in any branch of the armed forces of the United States