Information about the compensation and benefits of working for Community Corrections
Community Corrections officers have numerous employee benefits ranging from health insurance to a free fitness facility.
- The starting yearly base pay for officers is $50,000. ($24.21 per hour)
- There are overtime opportunities are available.
- There are shift differentials. Earn more by working the 2nd or 3rd shift. $1 on the 2nd shift and $1 on 3rd shift.
Yearly raises are based on the terms outlined in the collective bargaining agreement.
$3,000 hiring incentive for new employees in the following payments:
- $250 after graduation from the 10-week paid training program
- $500 three months after graduation
- $750 six months after graduation
- $1,500 one year after graduation
- Health insurance (individual or family coverage)
- Dental insurance (individual or family coverage)
- Vision insurance (individual or family coverage)
- Onsite fitness facility
- 25 year hazardous duty retirement
- Five weeks of leave time earned during the calendar year
- Life insurance
- Financial Planning
Active military personnel
Active military members will have 15 days of paid military leave.
College Tuition Reimbursement
Up to $1,200 per year tuition reimbursement is available which can be used after probationary status. This must be in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.