Please be advised that live public comment is suspended until further notice for the following meetings: Council Standing Committees, Council Work Sessions and Council Meetings. You may submit your written comments via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for public comment during the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Council’s video teleconference meetings.
Be advised that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, state of emergency and Governor Beshear’s Executive Orders regarding social distancing, meetings of the Urban County Council are being held via video-teleconference. This is pursuant to Senate Bill 150 (as signed by the Governor on March 30, 2020) and Attorney General Opinion 20-05, and in accordance with KRS 61.826, because it is not feasible to offer a primary physical location for the meeting. Therefore, the meeting will be conducted via Zoom video teleconference. You may view the meeting on LexTV Spectrum channel 185, MetroNet channel 3, Windstream channels 3 and 20, or via live stream.
If you are a member of the public and wish to address the Council during the public comment portion of the meeting, please follow the instructions below to join the virtual meeting using Zoom.
- Wait for public comment portion to be announced in the meeting before joining the meeting via Zoom.
- If you call or log in prior to public comment, you will not be allowed to enter the meeting. The link and call-in information will be included with the packets/dockets when they are distributed.
- If entering using a non-smartphone, join the meeting by dialing any of the phone numbers provided. When prompted please enter the following:
- Webinar I.D.
- Enter # (pound) for the participant I.D.
- Enter the provided meeting password
- At this point you will be able to hear and see the meeting on your device.
- If entering with a computer or smartphone, use the provided link.
- You will be called on to speak during the public comment portion of the meeting. Listen for your name (or last four digits of your phone number) to be called.
- Once you are called to speak, state your name and address for the record. You will be given three minutes to complete your comments.
- You will be notified when your time expires and placed back in the lobby, at which time you may choose to disconnect from the meeting.
Testing your mic
*Note that the procedure outlined above may be modified as circumstances change.