How to register for camps

Parks & Recreation 2022 summer camp opportunities will follow recommendations from the CDC, our local health department and the KY Healthy at Work Childcare Guidelines. Registration will open on a to be determined date and remain open until camp sessions are full.

List of 2022 summer camps

Returning users

Make sure your household information is up-to-date before registering for new camps. 

Make updates

New users

  • Register online for an ID and password  New user
  • Camps participants must have their ages verified prior to registering for Parks & Recreation activities, no exceptions. (Positive proof of age for all those 17 years of age and younger in the household.)
  • Proof of age documentation includes birth certificate, passport, immunization certificate, insurance card, or other government-issued identification card or document.
  • To submit proof of age, please use one of the following methods:

For more information, call (859) 288-2900.

In-person registration

April 14 | noon – 5 p.m.*
Dunbar Community Center
545 N. Upper St. 

In order to secure your spot quickly, bring a completed registration form for in-person registration. 

In-person registration form

*Following April 14, in-person registration will continue to be offered during normal business hours (8 a.m.  5 p.m.) at the Dunbar Community Center until camp sessions are full. 


  • Parks & Recreation programs offer partial refunds if requested no fewer than seven business days before the start of an activity
  • Refunds are issued in the form of a check-in approximately 4 – 6 weeks.
  • Visit the Parks & Recreation policies page for a refund request form and additional refund information. 


  • Select camps, programs and leagues provide partial scholarships.
  • Partial scholarships are available to participants based on need.
  • Individuals seeking scholarships must fill out an income eligibility application. Proof of income includes KTAP, KCHIP, medical card or another form of government aid.
  • All participants must re-apply for scholarship eligibility every year.
  • Go to the Parks & Recreation policies page for a financial assistance/scholarship form and additional scholarship information.

A limited number of scholarships will be available. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, fill out the following form and email it to with all necessary documentation by a yet-to-be-determined date. If you plan to apply in person, bring this information with you.