Registration will open February (exact date to be announced) for 2023 summer camps. Please see the links, information, and tips below for registering for camps. To register online, you must have an account set up. This includes age verification for campers and household approval, which can take one to three business days. We recommend having this completed a few days in advance of registration.
Make sure your household information is up-to-date before registering for new camps.
List of Summer Camps
Looking for a list of the camps being offered and more information about each camp? Click the link below.
Please note: Some camps, such as ESP and golf, utilize a different registration system. Please carefully read about the information for the camps you are interested in at the link above.
Dunbar Community Center
545 N. Upper St.
In order to secure your spot quickly, bring a completed registration form for in-person registration.
Registration form coming soon!
- Register online for an ID and password using the link below:
- Camps participants must have their ages verified prior to registering for Parks & Recreation activities, no exceptions. (Positive proof of age for all those 17 years of age and younger in the household.)
- Proof of age documentation includes birth certificate, passport, immunization certificate, insurance card, or other government-issued identification card or document.
- To submit proof of age, please use one of the following methods:
• Upload to our secure upload site.
• Fax a copy of proof of age to (859) 288-2999 (Attn: Parks Web Help)
For more information, call (859) 288-2900.
- Select camps, programs and leagues provide partial scholarships.
- Partial scholarships are available to participants based on need.
- Individuals seeking scholarships must fill out an income eligibility application. Proof of income includes KTAP, KCHIP, medical card or another form of government aid.
- All participants must re-apply for scholarship eligibility every year.
- Go to the Parks & Recreation policies page for more information about financial assistance/scholarship. See the link below for the form.
A limited number of scholarships will be available. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, fill out the following form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with all necessary documentation by a yet-to-be-determined date. If you plan to apply in person, bring this information with you.
- Parks & Recreation programs offer partial refunds if requested no fewer than seven business days before the start of an activity
- Refunds are issued in the form of a check-in approximately 4 – 6 weeks.
- Visit the Parks & Recreation policies page for a refund request form and additional refund information.
Camps will be closed on Monday, June 19 (Juneteenth) and Tuesday, July 4 (Independence Day) for city observed holidays.
The Kentucky Department of Revenue has alerted us that starting Jan. 1, 2023, many service-based industries will be required to impose a 6% sales tax. This applies to youth sports, camps, rentals, and instructional trainings. As a result, beginning January 2023, a 6% sales tax will be applied on all events, programs, rentals, and camps that meet that criterion under Lexington Parks & Recreation.
Parks & Recreation summer camps follow recommendations from the CDC, our local health department and the KY Healthy at Work Childcare Guidelines.