Lexington normally hosts free paper shred events twice a year, once in the spring and again in the fall. Fayette County residents may bring up to five boxes or bags of material to be shredded at no cost.
This event allows Lexington residents to safely dispose of their sensitive materials in an environmentally-friendly way. Shred-it, a division of Stericycle, securely destroys documents on-site with their fleet of mobile shredding trucks. The material collected is recycled into low-grade paper products.
About the event
The next event has not been scheduled yet
Events are usually held 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at 1631 Old Frankfort Pike. Participants should enter via Jimmie Campbell Dr.
- No wet materials will be accepted.
- No plastic binders or binder clips should be included with materials.
- Staples, paper envelopes and paper clips are acceptable.
- Participants are asked not to arrive before 9 a.m. as event organizers will be unable to accommodate anyone before that time.
- Cardboard boxes will be collected at the event and sent to the Lexington Recycling Center.
Sign up for 311 alerts
311 Alerts is a system that allows residents to sign up for email notifications about city services and programs, including special collection events like Paper Shred. Visit lexingtonky.gov/311alerts or register through the LexCall app for Android and iPhone.