Lexington residents may sign up for notifications about a variety of city services and programs.
You may choose to receive text and/or email notifications for most categories.
- Curbside waste collection: Get notifications about changes to your collection schedule due to holidays or weather. Applies only to those with city service.
- Special collection events*: Receive reminders about Household Hazardous Waste Collections, Gobble Grease Toss, Paper Shred events, etc.
- Volunteer opportunities*: Don’t miss Reforest the Bluegrass, River Sweep or other opportunities love on Lexington.
- Sanitary sewer overflows: Get an alert when conditions are conducive to sanitary sewer overflows. Remember to stay away and call 311 if you see a sewer overflow.
*Combined into one events category for email notifications.
To sign up for text alerts, simply use your mobile phone to text the appropriate keyword to 888777. You must send a separate text for each alert you wish to receive. Texts will be sent between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. Data message rates will apply for both the texts sent and the notifications received. To opt out of a text notification, reply STOP.
- Curbside waste collection: Text the day of the week of your regular curbside collection to 888777. For example, if you have Monday pickup, text Monday to 888777. These notifications apply only to those with city collection.
- Special collection events: Text collection to 888777.
- Volunteer opportunities: Text LexVol to 888777.
- Sanitary sewer overflows: Text SSOs to 888777.
We recommend NOT signing up for email notifications through this system, which is different than the one below.
We can register you for email alerts if you are having trouble; text alert sign-ups should originate from your mobile phone. To have us sign you up for email notifications, email us the following information:
1. Which of the following alerts do you want to receive?
- Curbside waste collection
- Special events
- Sanitary sewer overflow
- All of the above
2. What email address do you want to use for notifications?
3. If you selected curbside collection, what is your address?