Lexington residents may sign up for notifications about a variety of city services and programs.
You may choose to receive text and/or email notifications for most categories. Leaf vacuum collection alerts are email only.
- Curbside waste collection: Get notifications about changes to your collection schedule due to holidays or weather. Applies only to those with city service.
- Vacuum leaf collection (email only): Don’t miss it! Get notifications about when your home is scheduled for collection. You will receive two reminders before collection begins in your neighborhood, and one notification when your area has been completed.
- Special collection events*: Receive reminders about Household Hazardous Waste Collections, Gobble Grease Toss, Paper Shred events, etc.
- Volunteer opportunities*: Don’t miss Reforest the Bluegrass, River Sweep or other opportunities love on Lexington.
- Sanitary sewer overflows: Get an alert when conditions are conducive to sanitary sewer overflows. Remember to stay away and call 311 if you see a sewer overflow.
*Combined into one events category for email notifications.
To sign up for text alerts, simply use your mobile phone to text the appropriate keyword to 888777. You must send a separate text for each alert you wish to receive. Texts will be sent between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. Data message rates will apply for both the texts sent and the notifications received. To opt out of a text notification, reply STOP.
- Curbside waste collection: Text the day of the week of your regular curbside collection to 888777. For example, if you have Monday pickup, text Monday to 888777. These notifications apply only to those with city collection.
- Special collection events: Text collection to 888777.
- Volunteer opportunities: Text LexVol to 888777.
- Sanitary sewer overflows: Text SSOs to 888777.
We recommend NOT signing up for email notifications through this system, which is different than the one below.
If you have trouble signing up, we can help. Email us at LiveGreen@LexingtonKY.gov or call LexCall at 311 or 425-2255.
We can register you for email alerts if you are having trouble; text alerts sign-ups should originate from your mobile phone. To have us sign you up for email notifications, email us the following information:
1. Which of the following alerts you want to receive?
- Curbside waste collection
- Vacuum leaf collection (email notification only)
- Special events
- Sanitary sewer overflow
- All of the above
2. What is the email address that you want to use for notifications?
3. If you selected curbside collection and/or leaf vacuum collection notifications, what is your address?