311 Alerts is a system that allows residents to sign up for email notifications about city services and programs.
To update your account preferences or address, simply fill out the form again. Completing the form will reset your preferences, so you need to select ALL notifications you want to receive, not just new ones.
To unsubscribe, leave all the notification boxes blank and submit your email address.
Please note: Residents were originally able to sign up for text OR email notifications. The city is unable to rely on the text notification system, so has switched to email only. If you are switching your notifications from text to email, simply sign up for ALL notifications you want to receive. There is no need to cancel the text alerts. Those will be discontinued at the end of October.
Citizens may register to receive notifications on
- Curbside waste collection: Get notifications about changes to your collection schedule due to holidays or weather.
- Vacuum leaf collection: Don’t miss it! Get notifications about when your home is scheduled for collection. You will receive two reminders before collection begins in your neighborhood, and one notification when your area has been completed.
- Events: Receive reminders about Household Hazardous Waste Collections, Paper Shred Events, Reforest the Bluegrass, River Sweep and more.
- Live Green Lexington volunteer events: Stay in the loop on Reforest the Bluegrass, River Sweep, Great American Cleanup and other environmental volunteer opportunities.
- Sanitary sewer overflows: Get an alert when conditions are conducive to sanitary sewer overflows. Remember to stay away and call 311 if you see a sewer overflow.