311 Alerts is a system that allows residents to sign up for text or email notifications about city services and programs. If you want to register for both text and email notifications, you will need to complete the form twice. You may choose to receive different notifications by text than by email.
To update your account preferences or your address, simply fill out the form again. Completing the form will reset your preferences, so you need to select ALL notifications you want to receive, not just new ones.
To unsubscribe, leave all the notification boxes blank and submit your phone number or email address.
Citizens may register to receive notifications on
- Curbside waste collection: Get notifications about changes to your collection schedule due to holidays or weather.
- Vacuum leaf collection: Don’t miss it! Get notifications about when your home is scheduled for collection. You will receive two reminders before collection begins in your neighborhood, and one notification when your area has been completed.
- Special collection events: Receive reminders about Trash Disposal Days, Household Hazardous Waste Collections, Paper Shred Events, Tire Amnesty and more.
- Live Green Lexington volunteer events: Stay in the loop on Reforest the Bluegrass, River Sweep, Great American Cleanup and other environmental volunteer opportunities.
- Sanitary sewer overflows: Get an alert when conditions are conducive to sanitary sewer overflows. Remember to stay away and call 311 if you see a sewer overflow.