Through the adoption of AN ACT relating to energy project assessment districts or EPAD (KRS §65.205-209), has authorized local governments to establish programs to advance the conservation and efficient use of energy and water resources within their jurisdictions, by allowing for energy projects to be financed by voluntary assessments imposed upon the real property being improved through energy projects.
In 2018, the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government established an EPAD District and established a PACE Financing Program through a partnership with Energize Kentucky.
About the program
Commercial PACE Benefits
Property owners who invest in efficiency projects through PACE Financing realize the following benefits:
- 100% financing (nothing out of pocket)
- Doesn't tie up credit lines or borrowing capacity
- Competitive interest rates
- Longer payback period (up to 30 years)
- No corporate or personal guarantees
- Balance transfers to new owner upon sale
- Financed amount won't appear on credit report
Additional information can be found at www.kypace.org.