Jacobson Park is a 216-acre park located in east Lexington. The park includes a reservoir used by the Kentucky American Water Company and Lakeside Golf Course.
- Basketball court
- Dog park
- Pedal boats & kayaks
- Open play fields
- Shelters (7)
- Volleyball (4)
Marina & boat dock
2 person pedal boats – $5.30 for 30 minutes, taxes included.
4 person pedal boats – $7.50 for 30 minutes, taxes included.
2 person kayak – $7.50 for 30 minutes, taxes included
Boat launch – $3.20, taxes included
CREDIT CARD & CASH ACCEPTED.
The Jacobson Park marina requires boat riders to wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal floatation device (provided). Please bring a Coast Guard-approved lifejacket with you if you have one.
You must be 16 years of age or older to rent a boat. People under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a chaperone age 16 or older.
Monday – Saturday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.*
Sundays: noon – 7 p.m.*
*While school is in session, the boat dock is only open on the weekends, with Sunday, October 3 as the last day of the season.
- The last boat goes out at 6:15 p.m.
- Concession Stand: drinks, hotdogs, chips, candy & popsicles
Fishing docks are located in several areas throughout the park and are accessible to wheelchairs. You must have a valid Kentucky fishing license if you are age 16 or older.
There is no charge to fish at this park. Concessions and restrooms are available at the marina/boat dock.
Learn more about other public fishing locations.
Jacobson park offers seven shelters that may be rented by families and organized groups seven days a week. Each shelter has:
- Picnic tables
- Can accommodate at least 50 people. Groups in excess of shelter capacity should contact the Parks rentals office for additional permitting.
Shelters rates vary between $55 and $100 per day.
Shelter #4 is the largest shelter and it will accommodate 100 persons. It rents for $100 per day. Parking is available nearby.
Indoor restroom facilities are located near shelters #1, #2 and #3. Note: All shelter rentals at Jacobson park require a reservation.
Jacobson Park's dog park is approximately eight acres with two paddocks, a tree line, benches and a water station.
One paddock is for small dogs.
There are five other dog parks throughout the city.
Spraygrounds are interactive water features that are ideal for children of all ages. Designed to have no standing water, there is no lifeguard on duty so parent supervision is required.
To activate the sprayground, touch the top of the pole located near the entrance.
ADA Pedal boat & adaptive kayaking reservation
Please note: We are currently awaiting a new ADA pedal boat, which has been ordered. Until the new one arrives, there is not currently one available.
In an effort to provide additional recreation opportunities to individuals with disabilities, an ADA pedal boat and accessible kayak launch are available at the Jacobson Park marina. The goal is to give individuals of all ability levels more independence and access to water-related leisure activities. The pedal boat is part of the Therapeutic Recreation program. Adapted kayaking involves coordination between adventure programs and therapeutic recreation. Please Note: Trained staff and reservations for the ADA pedal boat and adaptive kayaking is available by appointment only. Reservations are contingent on weather and staff availability. All individuals are required to sign waivers and adhere to all marina rules, hours and prices.
To engage in adaptive kayaking independently, visit the accessible kayak launch at the Jacobson Park marina. All marina rules, hours and rental fees will apply.
ADA pedal boat
The ADA pedal boat is designed for individuals who use manual wheelchairs and who are not physically able to pedal the boat. Power wheelchairs are not permitted on the pedal boat.
1. Renters must schedule the ADA pedal boat through the Therapeutic Recreation office located at the Dunbar Community Center. Requests for pedal boat use may be made by contacting the Therapeutic Recreation office during business hours at (859) 288-2900 at least two business days prior to the desired rental date.
2. Therapeutic Recreation staff and the individual/family agree on a date and time for the reservation.
3. Therapeutic Recreation staff will meet the individual/family at the Jacobson Park marina to facilitate the pedal boat rental.
4. Therapeutic Recreation staff will make arrangements with the individual to bring additional assistance (should 1:1 support or transfer assistance be necessary).