Preston is a life-long Kentuckian and a proud resident of the 7th District.
Since graduating from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 2010, Preston has worked at McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie and Kirkland, where he has a diverse practice including affordable housing.
He is a member of the Kentucky Children’s Hospital Executive Development Council, the Golden Matrix Fund Advisory Council, the Ellerslie at Delong Homeowners Association Board of Directors, and Coaches for Kids Inc., among other organizations.
On December 20, 2017, Preston was appointed by Mayor Jim Gray to represent the 7th District on City Council for the Lexington Fayette Urban County Government. He intends to run for re-election in the 2018 council race.
District 7 Map
About District 7
The Lexington Fayette Urban County Government seventh district proudly includes part of the 40509, 40515 and 40517 zip codes. The following schools are located in the seventh district: Athens-Chilesburg Elementary, Squires Elementary and EJ Hayes Elementary. Many of the students in seventh district attend the preceding schools as well as Breckinridge Elementary and Henry Clay High School.
The seventh district has many neighborhood associations. Many are very active with activities planned throughout the year. If you would like information about reviving your neighborhood association or starting one, please contact your seventh district office.
- Andover Hill Neighborhood Association
- Burning Bush Townhomes Owners Association
- Chilesburg Neighborhood Association
- Chilesburg Maintenance Association
- East Lake Neighborhood Association
- East Point Office Condominium
- Ellerslie at Delong Neighborhood Association
- Ellerslie Townhomes Neighborhood Association
- Enclave at Andover Association
- Fairways at Lakeside Community Association
- Fox Chase Neighborhood Association
- Golf Townhomes Association at Andover
- Golf Townhomes at Andover Estates
- Grafton Drive Neighborhood Association
- Groves Point Neighborhood Association
- Hunters Point Neighborhood Association
- Hunting Hills Neighborhood Association
- Lake Crossing Neighborhood Association
- Richmond Square Offices
- Squire Oak Homeowners Association
- Still Meadow Neighborhood Association
- Stuart Hall Homeowners Association
- The Lofts at Locust Hill Townhome Association
- Traditions at Parks Edge Townhome Association
- Villas at Andover
- Walnut Creek Homeowners Association
- Walnut Hill Club
- Walnut Ridge Homeowners Association
- Woodhill Neighborhood Association
- Woodhill Park Inc.