The return of spring means the return of one of Lexington's longest-running and most beloved concert series – Big Band & Jazz. With a full schedule of live music planned, concert-goers can enjoy weekly big band or jazz music at Moondance Amphitheater and Ecton Park. Picnics are encouraged and patrons should bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating.
Lexington Parks & Recreation is taking precautions to make sure everyone can have fun and stay safe. Audience members must sit at least 6' away from those outside of their group.
Plan to wear your mask when you are on the move such as entering, exiting, and using the restroom.
Big Band & Jazz 2021 schedule
- May 11 – Uncle Sam’s Bait Shop
- May 18 – Brett Evans Trombone Jazz Ensemble
- May 25 – Dixieland South Jazz Band
- June 1 – DiMartino, Osland Little Big Band
- June 8 – Marlin McKay Quintet
- June 15 – Tim Lake and the Jazz Blues Persuaders
- June 22 – Ross Whitaker Jazz Trio
- June 29 – Lexington Summer Concert Band *patriotic concert
- July 2 – The Metrognomes *patriotic concert, special Friday show
- July 6 – Dan Brock & Friends
- July 13 – Walnut Street Ramblers
- July 20 – Osland/Dailey Jazztet
- July 27 – Ozone
- Aug. 3 – Brass Impact
- Aug. 10 – DiMartino/Osland Jazz Orchestra (DOJO)
- Aug. 17 – Young at Heart Big Band
Performances are scheduled by the American Federation of Musicians Local 554-635 and are supported by the AFM Music Performance Trust Fund.