The return of spring means the return of one of Lexington's longest running and most beloved concert series – Big Band & Jazz. With a full schedule of live music planned, concert-goers can enjoy weekly big band or jazz music at Moondance Amphitheater (May & June concerts) or Ecton Park (July & August concerts). Picnics are encouraged and patrons should bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating.
Big Band & Jazz 2019 schedule
- May 14 | MetroGnomes
- May 21 | Young at Heart Big Band
- May 28 | Bluegrass Area Jazz Ambassadors
- June 4 | DiMartino/Osland Jazz Orchestra – (DOJO)
- June 11 | Tim Lake and The Blue Jazz Persuaders
- June 18 | Lexington Concert Band
- June 25 | Dave Shelton Quartet
- July 9 | Lexington Concert Band
- July 16 | Colonel's Choice
- July 23 | Osland/Dailey Jazztet
- July 30 | Rick Cook Sextet
- August 6 | Jazzberry Jam
- August 13 | Dick Romek and the Walnut Street Ramblers
Performances during the months of June – August are scheduled by the American Federation of Musicians Local 554-635 and are supported by the AFM Music Performance Trust Fund.