The Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station is a public-private partnership between Lexington and Waste Services of the Bluegrass, Inc.
Rates as of Nov. 1, 2022
All rates are subject to the Kentucky Environmental Remediation fee of $1.75 per ton and applicable fuel surcharges, environmental and other fees and sales tax.
- Gate rate of $106 per ton
- Minimum charge of $58
- Car tires off/on rim $14 per tire
- Truck tires off/on rim $30 per tire
- Tractor tires-off/on rim $87 per tire
- Automobile gas tanks $97 per tank
- Truck gas tanks $108 per tank
- 1 lb. propane tanks $26 per tank
- 20 lb. propane tanks $46 per tank
Fayette County residents can recycle most appliances at no cost by taking them to Environmental Recycling at 3899 Winchester Road.
If you are wanting to junk an appliance at the transfer station, the cost is:
- $30 per appliance without refrigerants
- $139 per appliance containing refrigerants
Upcoming free trash disposal day
- The next Free Trash Disposal Day will be held on January 14, 2023.
The City of Lexington offers Fayette County residents free trash disposal days for non-hazardous household waste. The events are held from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station, 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.
Fayette County residents may dispose of up to one pickup truckload of household waste. Bulky items, such as mattresses, furniture, and up to four tires off the rim, will be accepted at this event.
We do not accept:
- Batteries, including those from vehicles (Batteries Plus will recycle most batteries for a small fee.)
- Contaminated soil
- Hazardous waste – liquid paint, insecticides, pesticides, etc.
- Free-flowing liquids of any kind
- Anything containing mercury or Freon