The Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station is a public-private partnership between Lexington and Waste Services of the Bluegrass, Inc.
General public rates
Prices are subject to change. We accept only cash or check.
July 2018 – June 2019 Rates
All rates are subject to the Kentucky Environmental Remediation fee of $1.75 per ton and applicable fuel surcharges, environmental and other fees and sales tax.
- Gate rate of $71.25 per ton
- Minimum charge of $41
- Car tires off/on rim $11 per tire
- Truck tires off/on rim $24 per tire
- Tractor tires-off/on rim $72 per tire
- Automobile gas tanks $82 per tank
- Truck gas tanks $92 per tank
- 1 lb. propane tanks $21 per tank
- 20 lb. propane tanks (from gas grills only) $39 per tank
Fayette County residents can recycle most appliances at no cost by taking them to Environmental Recycling at 3899 Winchester Road.
If you are wanting to junk an appliance at the transfer station, the cost is
- $23 per appliance without refrigerants
- $110 per appliance containing refrigerants
Free trash disposal days in 2019
- January 12
- April 13
- July 13
- October 12
The City of Lexington offers Fayette County residents free trash disposal days for non-hazardous household waste. The events are held from 6 a. m. to 1 p.m. at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station, 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.
Fayette County residents may dispose of up to one pickup truck load of household waste. Bulky items, such as mattresses, furniture, and up to four tires off the rim, will be accepted at this event.
We do not accept:
- Batteries, including those from vehicles (Batteries Plus will recycle most batteries for a small fee.)
- Contaminated soil
- Hazardous waste – liquid paint, insecticides, pesticides, etc.
- Free-flowing liquids of any kind
- Anything containing mercury or Freon