Storm updates

The most up-to-date information about the city's storm current outages, closings, clean-up and recovery efforts.

Do you have storm damage at your home?

Do you have damage at your home or property from this morning’s storm? If so, the Division of Emergency Management asks that you document the damage. This will help them understand the extent of the damage in Lexington. 

Report damage

Most recent updates

Debris clean-up

  • From now to Sunday, April 7, residents can dispose of storm debris free of charge at the Haley Pike landfill (4216 Hedger Lane) or at the training pad on Old Frankfort Pike (1631 Old Frankfort Pike). 
  • Hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.
  • A Fayette County driver’s license or other proof of residence in Fayette County is required.
  • Residents within the urban service area who cannot get debris to a drop-off site can leave it at the curb for collection.
    • If you have city pickup, the material should be left at the curb to be picked up as part of the normal weekly service as long as it is cut into 4-foot sections.
    • If you do not have city pickup or the debris cannot be cut into 4-foot sections, contact LexCall at 311 or (859) 425-2255 to schedule a pickup. The maximum length of debris that can be collected is 12 feet, and the material cannot exceed 16 inches in diameter. 

What to do at intersections if traffic lights are out

If you arrive at an intersection to find the traffic light is out, treat the intersection as a four-way stop. This means wait your turn and proceed in the order each driver arrived at the intersection, as traffic permits. Be sure to stop completely.

If you find the light flashing yellow, you can proceed through the intersection cautiously as traffic permits.

A flashing red light is to be treated as a stop sign. Come to a complete stop and then proceed as traffic permits.

Language line

If you are a non-English or limited English speaker, the City offers an over-the-phone interpreter service (Language Line) to help with communication.

Call 311 or (859) 425-2255 for assistance.

Important contacts

311 or (859) 425-2255
Submit a service request


Police – non-emergency
(859) 258-3600

Fire – non-emergency
(859) 231-5600

Fayette County Public Schools
(859) 381-4100

Kentucky Utilities
(502) 627-2000

Blue Grass Energy
(888) 546-4243 

Kentucky American Water
1 (800) 678-6301

Columbia Gas
(859) 288-0215

(859) 253-4636

Fayette County Sheriff's Office
(859) 252-1771