The most up-to-date information about the measures the city is taking to ensure our residents' wellness and safety.
Most recent updates
Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021
- Lakeside and Tates Creek are open for walking only. Kearney Hill is cart path only. The driving ranges will remain closed today. Picadome remains closed as well due to greens still covered in ice and snow.
Sunday, Feb. 21, 2021
6:30 p.m. update
- Trash collection is expected to resume this week. Crews expect a high volume so trucks may be running slower than usual. Extra (tied) trash bags can be placed next to your cart, not on the lid. The extra bags may be collected by a different truck, so please do not contact LexCall immediately if they are left by your cart. Thank you for your patience.
- If you would like to receive text updates about trash collection, you can text your collection day (MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY or FRIDAY) to 888777.
- Raven Run is closed until further notice.
- The drive-thru of the Metro Employees Credit Union is open. The lobby is closed. The Phoenix branch remains closed.
Prioritization of roads for snow and ice removal is based on traffic volume with consideration for access to public transportation, emergency services, and schools.
Snow response viewer
Rank 1 streets are the main roads in and out of the city. Examples include Main Street, Harrodsburg Road and Newtown Pike. Most Rank 1 roads are also snow emergency routes.
Rank 2 streets, such as Rosemont Garden and Bryan Avenue, connect Rank 1 roads and provide access to large commercial areas with offices and stores.
Rank 3 streets are main collector routes that connect residential areas to Rank 1 and 2 roads. Examples include Zandale Drive, Appian Way and Buck Lane.
Rank 4 streets are local collector streets within subdivisions, which allow residents access to main roads.
Can't find your street? It may be a state maintained road. Learn more about state snow removal.
Sidewalk shoveling requirements kick in if the weather deteriorates.