Senior classes at the Bell House are free and open to all Fayette County residents ages 60 and over.
A schedule of activities can be found in the monthly newsletter.
Activities offered include
- Cards – Bridge
- Cultural and Creative Arts – Art (oils and watercolor, ceramics, adult coloring, piano, hand bells, choral
- Fitness – Aging with Grace, chair yoga, Strider's Walking Club, line dance, water fitness
- Social – Monday Club, special events, parties, activities
- Monday Club 11:30 a.m., Monday
- Art Class 9 a.m., Tuesday
- Piano Lessons 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday
- Bell House Troubadours Choral Group 10 – 11 a.m., Tuesday
- Chair Yoga 2 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday
- Aging with Grace Exercise 2 p.m., Monday & Friday
- Coloring Class 2 p.m., Tuesday
- Bell House Beaus & Belles Hand Bell Group 10 a.m., Thursday
- Ceramics 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Thursday
- Bridge Noon, Friday
- Advanced Line Dance (at Carver Center) 9 a.m., Friday
- Intermediate Line Dance (at Carver Center) 10:30 a.m., Friday
- Strider’s Walking Club Fayette Mall Food Court 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., second Wednesday of the month
- AARP Driver Safety 11:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., second Wednesday of the month (March, May, July, September and November)
- Water Fitness - YMCA
Picadome Pool: 12:15 - 1:15 p.m., Monday - Friday, June 4 - August 14
Tatescreek Pool: 2:15 - 3:15 p.m., Monday - Friday, August 15 - August 30
Beaumont YMCA: 9 a.m. - 10 a.m., Tuesday and Thursday
Loudon YMCA: 1 p.m. - 2 p.m., Wednesday and Friday
- 3rd Annual Dip & Dance: Tuesday, August 14 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. (immediately following class – bring an appetizer to share that serves 6 yo 8 people)
Benefits of leisure activities for seniors
- Socialization through classes, activities and travel
- Creative expression opportunities through classes and activities
- Improved physical well-being through exercise and walking
- Develop sportsmanship with cards and other games
- Volunteer opportunities available
- Travel experiences offered for individuals and groups. Enjoy sights and unique locations with fellow travelers.
Inclement Weather Policy
Reminder: For your safety - when Fayette County Schools are cancelled for inclement weather, the programs at the Bell House will not meet. If school is on a delay, our programs will meet as scheduled.
AARP Safe Driver Course
The AARP Safe Driving Course is the nation’s first and largest classroom refresher course designed for drivers 50 and over. Your insurance company may give you a discount once you have completed the class. Classes are the second Wednesday in March, May, July, September and November.
Price is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members, payable to AARP on the day of class.
Call the Bell House for more information and to sign up.
Martha McFarland, recreation specialist senior
Fax: (859) 266-2979