Eligibility for participation is Fayette County residents ages 60 and over.
A schedule of activities can be found in the monthly newsletter.
Fitness programs are offered free of charge.
Activities offered include
- Cultural and Creative Arts – Art (oils and watercolor, ceramics, adult coloring, piano, hand bells, choral
- Fitness – Get Up & Go, chair yoga, Tai Chi for Arthritis, and line dancing
- Social – Monday Club, special events, parties, activities
- Mondays | 9:15 a.m. | Tai Chi for Arthritis (100% seated) – Victoria
- Tuesdays & Thursdays | 10:30 a.m. | Ch.Oga (Chair Yoga) – Letita / Leila
- Tuesdays | 10 a.m. – noon | Drawing - Barbara
- Tuesdays | 1 – 3:30 p.m. | Open Art Studio
- Wednesdays | 11 a.m. | Get Up & Go! (50% seated) – Carey
- Thursdays | 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. | Ceramics Instruction – Barbara
- Thursdays | 1 – 3:30 p.m. | Ceramics on your own
- Wednesdays at Carver Center | 9 – 11:30 a.m. | Line Dancing – Mimi
Benefits of leisure activities for seniors
- Socialization through classes, activities and travel
- Creative expression opportunities through classes and activities
- Improved physical well-being through exercise and walking
- Develop sportsmanship with cards and other games
- Volunteer opportunities available
- Travel experiences offered for individuals and groups. Enjoy sights and unique locations with fellow travelers.
Inclement weather policy
Reminder: For your safety – When Fayette County Schools are cancelled for inclement weather, the programs at the Bell House will not meet. If school is on a delay, our programs will meet as scheduled.
Martha McFarland, recreation specialist senior
Fax: (859) 266-2979