Help expand Lexington's urban forest and protect local waterways by planting native trees at Reforest the Bluegrass. Since 1999, more than 16,500 volunteers have restored 190 acres by planting more than 142,000 native tree seedlings. Volunteers receive free lunch, tree-planting training and a t-shirt (first come, first served).
This year's event will be held on Saturday, April 11. Please check back later for the planting site and times.
- More than 190 acres of floodplains restored
- More than 16,500 volunteers involved
- More than 142,000 tree seedlings planted
- Around 65 percent first-year survival rates
- Fewer than $175,000 of local government funds spent
- More than $130,000 private funds raised
- If plantings had been contracted out, they would have cost $1.2 million.
GOLDEN OAK SPONSORS ($2,500 level):
Fortune Collision / Kentucky Strong Barbeque
Kentucky American Water
SILVER MAPLE SPONSORS ($1,000 level):
Baker Iron and Metal
Big Beaver Tree Service
Toyota Tsusho America, Inc.
BRONZE PINE SPONSORS ($500 level):
Keep Lexington Beautiful
Lexington Emergency Planning Committee
Good Foods Co-op
Kentucky Division of Forestry
Lexington Coffee and Tea
US Forest Service
PARTNERING CITY DIVISIONS:
Parks & Recreation
Streets and Roads