Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional protocols are in place to ensure healthy at work standards while still allowing for public comment. The meetings will be held via video teleconference due to the COVID-19 pandemic state of emergency because it is not feasible to offer a primary physical location for the meeting. You may view the meeting on LexTV spectrum channel 185, Metronet channel 3, Windstream channels 3 and 20, or via live stream.
Residents may choose to make a public comment in one of two ways:
- Register to speak during a zoom meeting
- Submit a written comment to be entered into the official meeting record by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speakers must must register by 1 p.m. the day of the zone change hearing.
The registration link and listed process is for only zoning change hearings.
Prepare for the hearing
- Set up your equipment.
- Download the Zoom desktop app or on your cell phone via the app store.
- Make sure your smartphone, tablet, computer or other device has speakers and a microphone.
- Use a headset with a microphone, if possible, to reduce background noise.
- If you wish to make a public comment you must register by 1 p.m. the day of the hearing.
- If you do not feel comfortable participating in a video teleconference meeting, written comments may be sent to email@example.com. They will be distributed to all councilmembers and added to the official record.
- Presentations that accompany public comment should be submitted by noon the day before the hearing. Submit the presentation to Chris Edwards via email firstname.lastname@example.org.