The publication of legal notice for Planning Commission meetings and hearings is required under KRS 424.130. Legal advertisements for each meeting will be posted here on or before the required notification date. If you have any questions, contact the Division of Planning at (859) 258-3160.
Planning Commission Public Hearing
The Urban County Planning Commission will hold a public meeting on Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 1:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Urban County Government Building, 200 East Main Street, Lexington, Kentucky to consider subdivision and development plans including:
1. PLN-MJDP-23-00072: TUSCANY, UNIT 10, LOT 2 – a final development plan depicting 33 dwelling units for property at 1820 Meeting Place.
2. PLN-MAR-23-00016: STAVROFF LAND & DEVELOPMENT, INC – a petition for a zone map amendment from a Medium Density Residential (R-4) zone to a Downtown Frame Business (B-2A) zone, for 2.143 net (2.633 gross) acres for property located at 201, 207, 209, 211, 215, 221, 225, 227, 231, and 235 E. Maxwell Street, and 245, 247, and 251 Stone Avenue.
3. PLN-MAR-23-00020: BOTTS/CRAVENS HOMEBUILDERS at PARADISE, LLC – a petition for a zone map amendment from a Single Family Residential (R-1B) zone to a Townhouse Residential (R-1T) zone, for 2.53) gross and net acres for property located at 766 Paradise Lane.
4. PLN-MAR-23-00019: BLACK SOIL: OUR BETTER NATURE, LLC – a petition for a zone map amendment from a Mixed Low Density Residential (R-2) zone to a Neighborhood Business (B-1) zone, for 0.15 net (0.17 gross) acres, for properties located at 760 and 762 Florence Avenue. This application has a variance request to reduce the required property perimeter landscaping from 15 feet to 0 feet.
5. PLN-MAR-23-00021: TURNER MANAGEMENT, LLC – a petition for a zone map amendment from an Agricultural Urban (A-U) zone to a Planned Neighborhood Residential (R-3) zone, or13.075 net (15.479 gross) acres for property located at 5447 Tates Creek Road.
6. PLN-ZOTA-23-00004: AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE 8, OUTDOOR RECREATION IN THE AGRICULTURAL RURAL (A-R) ZONE– a text amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to amend Article 8 to remove baseball diamond from an accessory use to a conditional use.
7. PLN-ZOTA-23-00006: AMENDMENT TO ARTICLES 1, 3, 8, 9, 12, AND 17 TO IMPLEMENT THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN – a text amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to modernize the R-2, R-4, and R-5 zones and provide clear delineation between the B-1 and B-3 zones. The text also proposes density bonuses for affordable housing, creates a new Corridor Node (CN) zone for compact and walkable development, and updates related definitions.
The full agenda is available at www.lexingtonky.gov/calendar. Comments on these items may be submitted to the Division of Planning at the address listed below or firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, Dec. 14, 2023, at 10 a.m. For further information on these matters or for persons with a disability who may need assistance participating in the above meeting, contact the Division of Planning, 101 E. Vine St., Lexington, KY, at (859) 258-3160.