Please Note: You must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Kentucky to make an open records request. Every request must contain a statement indicating how the requestor is a resident of the Commonwealth. To determine whether you are a resident of the Commonwealth, review the relevant statute.
Traffic cameras for Traffic Engineering are live feed only and do not record. No footage is available from these cameras.
Community Corrections, Fire and Police
If you are looking to request a copy of Community Correction records, Police records, including police reports and 911 reports, or Fire/EMS reports, send your request directly to the appropriate agency.
For more information on how to make an open records request to the Division of Community Corrects, Division of Fire & Emergency Services or the Division of Police, see:
How to submit an open records request
You may request a record electronically by:
- Submitting an open records request online;
- Submitting an open records request for Police or 911 reports online;
- Submitting the form approved by the Attorney General to ORR@lexingtonky.gov; or
- Submitting a written request to ORR@lexingtonky.gov.
Note: Traffic cameras for Traffic Engineering are live feed only and do not record. No footage is available from these cameras.
You may also request a record by submitting the form approved by the Attorney General or otherwise submitting a written request:
- In person to the address provided below;
- Via fax to (859) 258-3393; or
- Via USPS mail to the address provided below;
Address open records requests to:
Council Clerk’s Office
Open Records Request
200 E. Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507