Please Note: You must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Kentucky to make an open records request. Every request must contain a statement indicating how the requestor is a resident of the Commonwealth. To determine whether you are a resident of the Commonwealth, review the relevant statute.
Traffic cameras for Traffic Engineering are live feed only and do not record. No footage is available from these cameras.
How to submit an open records request
You may request a record electronically by:
- Submitting an open records request via an electronic form:
- Submitting the form approved by the Attorney General to ORR@lexingtonky.gov; or
- Submitting a written request to ORR@lexingtonky.gov.
You may also request a record by submitting the form approved by the Attorney General or otherwise submitting a written request:
- In person to the address provided below;
- Via fax to (859) 258-3393; or
- Via USPS mail to the address provided below;
Address open records requests to:
Council Clerk’s Office
Open Records Request
200 E. Main St.
Lexington, KY 40507
Community Corrections, Fire and Police
For copies of Community Corrections records, Police records, or Fire/EMS reports, you may send a request directly to the appropriate division. However, if you choose to send an open records request for Community Corrections, Police, or Fire/EMS records via electronic mail (email), you must send the request to ORR@lexingtonky.gov.