Please Note: You must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Kentucky to make an open records request. Every request must contain a statement indicating how the requestor is a resident of the Commonwealth. To determine whether you are a resident of the Commonwealth, review the relevant statute.
Fire and Police
If you are looking to request a copy of Police records, including police reports and 911 reports, or Fire/EMS reports, send your request directly to the appropriate agency.
For more information on how to make an open records request to the Division of Fire & Emergency Services or the Division of Police, see:
How to submit an open records request
You may request a record electronically by:
- Submitting an open records request online;
- Submitting an open records request for Police or 911 reports online;
- Submitting the form approved by the Attorney General to ORR@lexingtonky.gov or firstname.lastname@example.org (for Police records); or
- Submitting a written request to ORR@lexingtonky.gov or email@example.com (for Police records).
You may also request a record by submitting the form approved by the Attorney General or otherwise submitting a written request:
- In person to the address provided below;
- Via fax to (859) 258-3393; or
- Via USPS mail to the address provided below;
Address open records requests to:
Council Clerk’s Office
Open Records Request
200 E. Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507