Please Note: You must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Kentucky to make an open records request. Every request must contain a statement indicating how the requestor is a resident of the Commonwealth. To determine whether you are a resident of the Commonwealth, review the relevant statute.
How to submit an open records request
You may request a record electronically by:
- Submitting an open records request via an electronic form:
- Submitting the form approved by the Attorney General to ORR@lexingtonky.gov; or
- Submitting a written request to ORR@lexingtonky.gov.
You may also request a record by submitting the form approved by the Attorney General or otherwise submitting a written request:
- In person to the address provided below;
- Via fax to (859) 258-3393; or
- Via USPS mail to the address provided below;
Address open records requests to:
Council Clerk’s Office
Open Records Request
200 E. Main St.
Lexington, KY 40507
Community Corrections, Fire and Police
For copies of Community Corrections records, Police records, or Fire/EMS reports, you may send a request directly to the appropriate division. However, if you choose to send an open records request for Community Corrections, Police, or Fire/EMS records via electronic mail (email), you must send the request to ORR@lexingtonky.gov.