Open enrollment is the period of time each year when employees are required to select a medical plan/benefits package. And, it is the only time employees have the opportunity to make changes to their plans unless they experience a qualifying event.
Open Enrollment for 2021 benefits will be Monday, Oct. 12 – Friday, Oct. 30, 2020.
This is a PASSIVE Open Enrollment, which means that unless you want to make changes to your current benefit elections, you do not have to login to PeopleSoft with some exceptions.
- FSA medical and/or dependent care must be enrolled annually per IRS regulations. If you do not enroll during Open Enrollment, your 2020 election will not carry over and you will “waive” participating in the FSA for 2021.
- If you would like to update/change any of your current (2020) benefit elections including changing your tobacco status, you may do so during Open Enrollment. Note: You will need to re-enroll in a medical plan if you change your tobacco status.
Directors/managers need to reach out to all eligible employees on leave of absence, suspension, vacation, etc., in order to ensure those employees know Open Enrollment is between Oct. 12 – 30.
Employees must have their PeopleSoft login information prior to enrolling online or in-person. Contact the HelpDesk at 258-3730 if you need login assistance.
Allstate’s Hospital Indemnity Plan, Accident Plan, and Critical Illness plans are Guarantee Issue this year. There will be no medical questions asked. (The Cancer Plan is NOT Guaranteed Issue)
Prudential Supplemental Life and Supplemental AD&D are Guaranteed Issue. No medical questions will be asked.
For employees adding a new dependent, remember to provide supporting documentation to the HR Benefits team (i.e. birth certificates, marriage licenses, etc.). Documents must be received no later than Nov. 13, 2020.
How to enroll
LFUCG employees can enroll for benefits either online or in-person.
Online enrollment is open 24 hours a day during open enrollment. You must use Internet Explorer as a browser for the site to function properly.
- External: NavBar> Navigator > Human Resources > Benefits > Benefits Enrollment
- Internal: NavBar> Navigator > Human Resources > Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Enrollment
The below locations, dates & times are available for employees to enroll in-person. Please schedule an appointment in advance so as to avoid double booking. HR staff and a team from Star Robbins will be at all of the in-person enrollment locations to help employees with enrollment.
You must have your PeopleSoft login information to enroll.
Registration password: LFUCG
|Phoenix Building||101 E Vine Street, 3rd floor conference room||Oct. 19 – 23||7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.||Register|
Plan changes/updates for 2021
- No plan or rate changes to medical (view 2021 medical rates).
- HSA annual maximum contributions for 2021 plan year increased to $3,600 single / $7,200 family.
- Must enroll to have a vision plan. Vision plans are no longer embedded in medical plans.
- Now offering two plans to choose from: Base plan or Enhance plan.
- There is no rate increase for either dental plan.
- "Healthy Mouth Healthy Smiles" program through Delta Dental is now offered at no additional cost.
- Allstate’s Hospital Indemnity Plan, Accident Plan and Critical Illness plans are Guarantee Issue this year. (The Cancer Plan is not Guaranteed Issue.)
- Prudential Supplemental Life and Supplemental AD&D are Guaranteed Issue this year.