Yard waste collected by Lexington’s Waste Management is composted into mulch that is available for free for Lexington residents from time to time.
The next event will be held on Saturday, April 29 at the city's training pad (1631 Old Frankfort Pike). Enter via Jimmie Campbell Drive.
- The event runs from 8 a.m. – noon or until mulch runs out.
- Follow signs to enter through Jimmie Campbell Dr., 1631 Old Frankfort Pike
- One pick-up truckload per person.
- A smaller self-serve area is available for picking up smaller amounts of mulch. Due to demand, those who self-load mulch will be limited to a 10-minute loading time. Those self-loading must bring shovels, bags and other supplies.
- The event is for Fayette County residents only. Bring your driver's license with a Lexington address.