Moondance Amphitheater is an outdoor venue with tiered grass levels managed by Lexington Parks & Recreation. It offers live music and community events featuring local, regional and national talent. Audience members may spread blankets, set up lawn chairs, and bring their own picnics. Craft beer and food trucks are available onsite for most events. Many restaurants are also available in the area. The venue was gifted to the community from Haymaker Development Company and the C.M. Gatton Trust.
For a full list of events coming to Moondance Amphitheater, visit the event calendar on the city website or the Moondance Amphitheater page on Facebook.
Moondance Amphitheater is available for rent.
Standard rental fees
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: $300
- Thursdays and Sundays: $600
- Fridays and Saturdays: $900
- All rentals require a facility supervisor: $20 per hour
Depending on availability rentals may use Park’s tech crew and sound equipment at the following rates:
- Sound equipment rental fee: $250
- Sound techs: $20 per hour/each (Most events that require a full sound system will require two techs.)
Each group that rents the facility:
- Provides promotion for the event
- Cleans the facility after use
- Disposes of all trash
Rental events can begin no earlier than 10 a.m. and end no later than 9 p.m.
To rent the facility, contact Celeste Lewis by email or (859) 425-2349.