Leaf chutes slide inside yard waste bags to make them easier to fill. It can serve as a funnel if you leave the bag standing or a leaf dustpan if you lay it on its side. LFUCG has ordered 5,000 of these for distribution to residents with city waste service. We know that leaves are already falling and have multiple pick-up points to get them to folks as quickly as possible. Environmental Quality and Public Works staff are coordinating with council offices to identify additional distribution points, so this list will constantly be updated.
Chutes are available at each location on a first come, first served basis. Each household is limited to ONE chute.
- Electronics Recycling Center, 1306 Versailles Road
Open: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Wednesday noon to 4 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to noon.
- Lexington Senior Center, 195 Life Lane
Open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Government Center, 200 East Main St
Open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tates Creek Community Center, 3460 Campus Way,
Open Monday – Friday 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tates Creek Golf Course Pro Shop, 1400 Gainesway Drive
Open daily – 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Select fire stations: Note: Chutes can be picked up at these stations anytime, though understand that they will not be available if the station is out on a call
Fire Station #13 – 1432 Leestown Road
Fire Station #9 – 2234 Richmond Road
Fire Station #16 – 3700 Man o’ War Blvd.
Fire Station #12 – 399 Southland Drive
Fire Station #20 – 3001 Arrowhead Drive
Fire Station #21 – 3191 Mapleleaf Drive
Fire Station #10 -- 1128 Finney Drive