Open enrollment is the period of time each year when employees are required to select a medical plan/benefits package. And, it is the only time employees have the opportunity to make changes to their plans unless they experience a qualifying event.
Open Enrollment for 2022 benefits will be Monday, Oct. 11 – Friday, Oct. 29, 2021.
This is a PASSIVE open enrollment, which means that unless you want to make changes to your current benefit elections, you do not have to log in to PeopleSoft with some exceptions.
- FSA medical and/or dependent care must be enrolled annually per IRS regulations. If you do not enroll during open enrollment, your 2021 election will not carry over and you will “waive” participating in the FSA for 2022.
- If you would like to update/change any of your current (2021) benefit elections including changing your tobacco status, you may do so during Open Enrollment. Note: You will need to re-enroll in a medical plan if you change your tobacco status.
Directors/managers need to reach out to all eligible employees on leave of absence, suspension, vacation, etc., in order to ensure those employees know open enrollment is between Oct. 11 – 29.
Employees must have their PeopleSoft login information prior to enrolling online or in person. Contact the HelpDesk at 258-3730 if you need login assistance.
Allstate’s Hospital Indemnity Plan, Accident Plan, and Critical Illness plans are guarantee issue this year. There will be no medical questions asked. (The Cancer Plan is NOT Guaranteed Issue)
Prudential Supplemental Life and Supplemental AD&D are Guaranteed Issue. No medical questions will be asked.
For employees adding a new dependent, remember to provide supporting documentation to the HR Benefits team (i.e. birth certificates, marriage licenses, etc.). Documents must be received no later than Nov. 12, 2021.
How to enroll
LFUCG employees can enroll for benefits either online or in-person.
Online enrollment is open 24 hours a day during open enrollment. You must use Internet Explorer as a browser for the site to function properly.
- Employee Self Service Home Screen > Benefits > Benefits Enrollment
The below locations, dates and times are available for employees to enroll in person. Schedule an appointment in advance so as to avoid double booking. HR staff and a team from Star Robbins will be at all of the in-person enrollment locations to help employees with enrollment.
You must have your PeopleSoft login information to enroll.
Registration password: LFUCG
|Government Center||200 East Main Street Basement B107 Computer Lab||Oct. 25 – 29||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||Register|
Plan changes/updates for 2022
- No plan or rate changes to medical (view 2022 medical rates).
- HSA annual maximum contributions for 2022 plan year increased to $3,600 single / $7,200 family.