Find information here about current Board of Adjustment applications, minutes of past meetings and BOA members.
To view more information about Board of Adjustment applications currently under review:
- Visit the LFUCG Accela citizen portal (you are not required to create an account or log in to view applications)
- Select "search" at the top of the page
- Click "Planning Applications"
- Follow the detailed search information provided on the Planning application page
- Steps to filing a Board of Adjustment application
- Board of Adjustment by-laws
- 2019 official meeting & filing schedule
- 2020 official meeting & filing schedule
Board of Adjustment applications
Board of Adjustment agenda(s)
Current legal advertisement
The Urban County Board of Adjustment will hold a public hearing on Monday, December 9, 2019, at 1:30 p.m., Council Chambers, 2nd floor, Government Center Building, 200 East Main Street, Lexington, KY, in order to hear comments about the following:
1. PLN-BOA-19-00071: JAMES MCGEE - requests a conditional use to operate a junk yard in a Heavy Industrial (I-2) zone at 130 Lisle Industrial Ave.
2. PLN-BOA-19-00080: LEXLIVE ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX - continuation of the public hearing to request: 4) an administrative appeal to determine that the use of the property qualifies as a “civic center” & therefore is allowed to have a wall-mounted electronic message board; 5) if #4 is approved, an administrative appeal to transfer 200 square feet from allowed electronic message board to the other in order to have a 400 square-foot electronic message board within the defined Infill & Redevelopment area in the Lexington Center Business (B-2B) zone on property located at 301 & 307 S Broadway.
3. PLN-BOA-19-00082: MARIYANA K. AND DIYAN R. HRISTOV - request a variance to increase the allowable height of a fence located in the front yard from 4’ to 6’ in an Expansion Area Residential 2 (EAR-2) zone on property located at 3376 Scottish Trace.
4. PLN-BOA-19-00083: DUNKIN’ DONUTS - requests a conditional use to establish drive through facilities for a new restaurant in a Neighborhood Business (B-1) zone on property located at 2213 Versailles Road.
5. PLN-BOA-19-00084: ALTORAC FARM, LLC - requests a variance to reduce the required front yard setback from 300’ to 250’ in an Agricultural Rural (A-R) zone on property located at 5695 Sulphur Well Road.
6. PLN-BOA-19-00085: MATT BURTON - requests an administrative appeal to re-establish a legal non-conforming use (parking lot) on property within the defined Infill & Redevelopment Area in Two Family Residential (R-2)/Historic Overlay (H-1) zones on property located at 421 & 425 S Mill St.
7. PLN-BOA-19-00086: THE MISSION CHURCH OF LEXINGTON - requests a conditional use for a place of religious assembly in order to expand the parking lot at an existing church in a Single Family Residential (R-1D) zone on property located at 3288 Beaver Creek Dr.
8. PLN-BOA-19-00087: COMMUNITY VENTURES PROPERTIES, LLC - request a conditional use to operate a private club (artists’ studio work space) at a property within the defined Infill & Redevelopment Area in a Planned Neighborhood Residential (R-3) zone on property located at 244 & 248 Race St.
For further information on these matters, or for persons with a disability who may need assistance in order to participate in the above meeting, please contact the Division of Planning, 101 E. Vine St., Lexington, KY, at 258‑3160.
Past meeting minutes
View Board of Adjustment meeting minutes, which are stored in a Google drive, arranged by year. The files are open to the public and do not require creation of an account in order to view.