The Electronics Recycle Center will be closed on Nov. 26–28.
The Electronics Recycling Center will be closed Dec. 24–26 and Jan. 1–2.
Holiday light recycling
Holiday lights can be recycled, but NOT in your blue yard cart. Take them to the Electronic Recycling Center, or drop them off at one of our collection sites between November 27 and January 17.
Drop off locations in Lexington:
Perspectives Inc. -- 340 Longview Plaza
Blake Eames Design -- 440 Old Vine Street
A Cup of Common Wealth -- 105 Eastern Avenue
Chocolate Holler -- 400 Old Vine Street
Crank & Boom -- 1210 Manchester Street and 3101 Clays Mill Road #301
Bluegrass United Church of Christ -- 500 Don Anna Drive
Good Foods Co-op -- 455 Southland Drive
Johns Run/Walk -- 317 S Ashland Avenue and 3735 Palomar Centre Drive
To drop off electronics for recycling, pull up the window and present your ID. Unload your items in the marked boxes. Follow the signs to exit through the back gate.
The city’s Electronics Recycling Center accepts residential electronic waste Monday through Saturday. The Center does not accept items from businesses, including home businesses, or nonprofit organizations such as churches and schools. This service is for Fayette County residents only.
Click on the blue button below to download a printable flyer. / Oprima el botón azul abajo para descargar un folleto imprimible. / Cliquez sur le bouton bleu ci-dessous pour télécharger la brochure dépliante imprimable. / أنقرعلى الزر الأزرق أدناه لتحميل النشرة القابلة للطباعة / Bonyesha kifute cha bluu kilicho hapa chini ili upakue karatasi ya maelezo inayoweza kuchapishwa. / 点击蓝色按钮可下载打印文件.
- Computers, printers, copiers
- Printer cables, coaxial cables, RCA wires, HDMI cords, USB cables, power cords
- Printer cartridges and toner cases
- Cell phones and other communication devices
- Microwave ovens
- Televisions and monitors
- Vacuum cleaners
- CDs, DVDs and their cases
- VHS and cassette tapes
- Audio and video players/equipment
- Small corded electrical items such as toasters, hair dryers, or radios
- Extension cords
- Holiday lights
- Fluorescent light tubes
- MP3 players and handheld games
- Laptops and electronic tablets
- Rechargeable batteries (We do not accept automotive or other lead-acid batteries. Batteries Plus will accept all batteries for a fee.)
- Compact fluorescent lightbulbs (Home Depot and Lowe's will take them for free.)
- Items that are not structurally intact, such as TVs with broken screens. (These items should be taken to the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station at 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.)
- Automotive and other lead-acid batteries (Batteries Plus will accept all batteries for recycling for a fee.)
- Household alkaline batteries (Batteries Plus will accept all batteries for recycling for a fee.)