Lexington’s Department of Environmental Quality and Public Works (EQPW) provides a wide array of services.
- Collect trash, recycling and yard waste
- Maintain the pipes and pumps that transport waste water from homes, schools and businesses to the treatment plant
- Care for trees, beautify flower beds, improve greenspaces on city property
- Make and install street signs
- Patch potholes
- Inspect new HVAC systems
- Oversee road and sidewalk projects
- Keep the roads clear when winter weather hits
- ... And much, much more!
Lexington-Fayette County Government offers a minimum starting wage of $15/hour, with many positions starting at an even higher hourly rate. Employees are given opportunities for training and career advancement.
EQPW is always hiring!
Full-time, part-time and seasonal positions are available. We’d love to have you on the team!