The center has reopened with new social distancing procedures in place.
The process for dropping off electronics for recycling has changed. Residents will pull up to a window on the exterior of the building and present their identification instead of driving into the building. The window will be shielded to protect both residents and employees. After verification, the resident will be asked to unload their items into the marked boxes provided adjacent to the window. After the recyclables are unloaded, residents should exit the facility via the back gate, following directional arrows.
The Electronics Recycling Center has limited capacity for waiting cars. To prevent long lines and minimize wait times, residents are encouraged to hold their materials a bit longer, if possible. This will help balance the volume of vehicles at the Center as it reopens.
The city’s Electronics Recycling Center accepts residential electronic waste Monday through Saturday. The Center does not accept items from businesses, including home businesses, or nonprofit organizations such as churches and schools. This service is for Fayette County residents only.
Click on the blue button below to download a printable flyer. / Oprima el botón azul abajo para descargar un folleto imprimible. / Cliquez sur le bouton bleu ci-dessous pour télécharger la brochure dépliante imprimable. / أنقرعلى الزر الأزرق أدناه لتحميل النشرة القابلة للطباعة / Bonyesha kifute cha bluu kilicho hapa chini ili upakue karatasi ya maelezo inayoweza kuchapishwa. / 点击蓝色按钮可下载打印文件.
- Computers, printers, copiers
- Printer cables, coaxial cables, RCA wires, HDMI cords, USB cables, power cords
- Printer cartridges and toner cases
- Cell phones and other communication devices
- Microwave ovens
- Televisions and monitors
- Vacuum cleaners
- CDs, DVDs and their cases
- VHS and cassette tapes
- Audio and video players/equipment
- Small corded electrical items such as toasters, hair dryers, or radios
- Extension cords
- Holiday lights
- Fluorescent light tubes
- MP3 players and handheld games
- Laptops and electronic tablets
- Rechargeable batteries (We do not accept automotive or other lead-acid batteries. Batteries Plus will accept all batteries for a fee.)
- Compact fluorescent lightbulbs (Home Depot and Lowe's will take them for free.)
- Items that are not structurally intact, such as TVs with broken screens. (These items should be taken to the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station at 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.)
- Automotive and other lead-acid batteries (Batteries Plus will accept all batteries for recycling for a fee.)
- Household alkaline batteries (Batteries Plus will accept all batteries for recycling for a fee.)