The city’s Electronics Recycling Center accepts residential electronic waste Monday through Saturday. The Center does not accept items from businesses, including home businesses, or nonprofit organizations such as churches and schools. This service is for Fayette County residents only.
Where to drop-off
1306 Versailles Road.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday: Noon – 4 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – noon
Follow the signs to the back of the property. Your items will be unloaded for you.
- Computers, printers, copiers
- Printer cables, coaxial cables, RCA wires, HDMI cords, USB cables, power cords
- Printer cartridges and toner cases
- Cell phones and other communication devices
- Microwave ovens
- Televisions and monitors
- Vacuum cleaners
- CDs, DVDs and their cases
- VHS and cassette tapes
- Audio and video players/equipment
- Small corded electrical items such as toasters, hair dryers, or radios
- Extension cords
- Holiday lights
- Fluorescent light tubes
- MP3 players and handheld games
- Laptops and electronic tablets
- Rechargeable batteries (We do not accept automotive or other lead-acid batteries. Batteries Plus will accept all batteries for a fee.)
- Compact fluorescent lightbulbs (Home Depot and Lowe's will take them for free.)
- Items that are not structurally intact, such as TVs with broken screens. (These items should be taken to the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station at 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.)
- Automotive and other lead-acid batteries (Batteries Plus will accept all batteries for recycling for a fee.)
- Household alkaline batteries (Batteries Plus will accept all batteries for recycling for a fee.)