The downtown area consists of:
- Main Street from Jefferson Street to Ransom Avenue
- Vine Street and High Street from Broadway to Rose Street
- Short Street from Felix Street to Deweese Street
- Second Street from Broadway to Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
- Church Street
- Barr Street
- Water Street
- Mechanic Street
- Pleasant Street
- Broadway from Second Street to High Street
- Mill Street
- Upper Street and Limestone Street from Third Street to High Street
- Market Street
- Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard from Main Street to Third Street
- DeWeese Street from Main Street to Second Street
- Felix Street
"This area applies to retail stores, hotels, restaurants, office buildings, and houses. Downtown collection area homes and businesses not using a dumpster should place their bins or roll carts on the sidewalk. Have them at the curb line no sooner than one hour before a collection cycle listed below. Remove roll carts no later than one hour before the end of a collection cycle. Carts should not be on sidewalks all other times.
Collections in the downtown area receive landfill waste and recycling collection:
Monday – Friday
2 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Tuesdays – Sundays
2 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Businesses may have up to two trash roll carts and two recycling roll carts each. Extra carts may be requested for a fee. If approved, a business may buy each extra cart for a one-time, $60 container fee. Please note that each extra trash roll cart will incur an additional $4.50 monthly landfill fee.”
Green cart placement rules
Businesses that have adequate space off the sidewalk for their green carts must remove them from the sidewalk shortly after collection. Businesses not having adequate space to store green carts must use plastic bags for their waste. Restaurants and other businesses with wet waste and heavy materials such as glass must use heavy-duty, 3 mil plastic bags.
Cardboard boxes must be flattened, bundled and tied. They cannot be used as containers. Please remove all liners and packing material. They will be collected separately and recycled.
Collected by special request.
Used medical needles must be placed in secure cans or buckets with a lid.