(Formerly the Commission for People with Disabilities)
The commission works to promote the inclusion and empowerment of people with disabilities within the Lexington-Fayette Urban County community, and to advise the Mayor and the Urban County Council on issues that impact persons with disabilities.
Agendas and minutes from previous meetings.
2023 Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held at the Lexington Senior Center, 195 Life Lane, and can also be attended online.
What we are doing
- Paratransit issues - researching other cities' paratransit services
- Sidewalk Ramp Improvement Locations
- Educate and promote businesses that hire individuals with disabilities.
- Formulate email blasts and contact lists to spread the word about the Commission, meetings and events.
- Create and conduct disability-sensitivity training for LFUCG employees and Council Members.
- Develop a campaign to educate and create awareness about handicapped parking and increase the penalty for illegally parking in a handicapped space.
- Increase the publicity efforts of the Commission.
- Cafe's sidewalk ordinance
Call the state SDA coordinator for any employment or property issues owned by the state. (502) 564-0348
Call Roger Daman, Administrative Officer, for any employment or property issues owned by the city. (859) 288-2979 or 311
Lexington private sector
Call the Human Rights Commission for any privately owned and operated business concerning access and employment housing in Lexington. (859) 252-4931