The publication of legal notice for Board of Adjustment hearings is required under KRS 100.263. Legal advertisements for each hearing will be posted here on or before the required notification date. If you have any questions, contact the Division of Planning at (859) 258-3160.
NOTICE is hereby given that The Urban County Board of Adjustment will hold a public hearing on Monday, Oct. 11, 2021, at 1:30 p.m. Council Chambers, 2nd floor, Government Center Building, 200 East Main Street, Lexington, KY, in order to hear comments about the following:
1. PLN-BOA-21-00053: CANDICE AND JON SETZER (AMD) – an amended request for a variance to reduce the required side street side yard from 30’ to 10’ in order to construct an in-ground swimming pool in a Single Family Residential (R-1D) zone, on property located at 857 Sunny Slope Trace. (Council District 9)
2. PLN-BOA-21-00054: SOUTHERN & JONES PROPERTIES LLC – requests a variance to reduce the required side yard setback from 6’ to 3’ in order to construct a duplex within the defined Infill & Redevelopment Area in a High Density Apartment (R-4) zone, on property located at 530 Merino Street. (Council District 3)
3. PLN-BOA-21-00057: HILLS PROPERTIES – requests a variance to increase the maximum number of parking spaces allowed from 230 spaces to 236 spaces for a multi-family residential development in a Commercial Center (B-6P) zone, on property located at 3151 Mapleleaf Drive. (Council District 7)
4. PLN-BOA-21-00039: THE ARCADIA COMPANY LLC – requests conditional uses to establish a school for academic instruction and an accessory nursery school in an Agricultural Rural (A-R) zone, on property located at 5768 Tates Creek Rd. (Council District 12)
5. PLN-BOA-21-00058: LFUC HOUSING AUTHORITY – requests 1) a conditional use to establish a childcare center; 2) a variance to reduce the required front yard from 20’ to 10’ along Shropshire Avenue; 3) a variance to reduce the through lot front yard from 20’ to 5’ along a new proposed Street “A”; 4) a variance to reduce the required side street side yard from 20’ to 10’ along E. Fifth Street; and 5) a variance to reduce the required side street side yard from 20’ to 10’ along E. Sixth Street in order to develop 11 proposed lots within the defined Infill and Redevelopment Area in a Planned Neighborhood Residential (R-3) zone, on property located at 551 Shropshire Ave. (Council District 1)
6. PLN-BOA-21-00055: DBSP, LLC – requests an administrative appeal to allow the applicant to forego the allowable wall sign on the rear wall of a building in order to allow two wall signs on the side wall of that building in a Commercial Center (B-6P) zone, on property located at 240 Canary Rd. (Council District 4)
The media and public may view the hearing on LexTV Spectrum channel 185, MetroNet channel 3, Windstream channels 3 and 20, or via live stream at the following link: http://lfucg.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=12.
For further information on these matters, or for persons with a disability who may need assistance in order to participate in the above meeting, please contact the Division of Planning, 101 E. Vine St., Lexington, KY at 859-258-3160.