Family Care Center needs and welcomes volunteers, ages 18 and up. Many opportunities are available to individuals and groups regardless of skill level.
Training is provided for all positions. Criminal background check required and paid for by the center.
Individual and group volunteer opportunities
- Math/English high school tutoring
- Reading to children ages 2 – 4
- Library organization/monitoring
- Gardening in the courtyard (groups welcome)
- Grounds and facility maintenance (groups welcome)
Structured volunteer internships for KTAP recipients
For parents in the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program looking to build skills while completing service hours.
- Supervised apprenticeships in various program areas
- On-the-job skills training in custodial, child care and more
- Job readiness coaching
College student internships
- Social work practicum placements
- High school students (Spanish language a plus though not required)
- Case management with families
- HANDS home visitation
- Early Childhood Development
Other relevant majors/fields will be considered. Internship/practicum placements are considered the semester prior to potential placements.