Parks & Recreation is excited to announce a comprehensive volunteer program that will give residents an opportunity to leave a lasting impact on Parks & Recreation facilities, greenspace and programs. Volunteer activities can be short-term, such as a morning planting trees or long-term, such as being a therapeutic recreation buddy for outings or classes.
What do you like to do?
Current opportunities include:
- Assisting with a special event such as Kite Fest, The Bluegrass 10,000, the Thriller Parade or Friday Night Flicks.
- Scheduling time throughout the year to clean up your favorite park and/or trail with a group or an individual basis.
- Serving as a golf “starter” or marshal.
- Serving as a greens assistant.
- Serving as a golf cart “gopher” and/or cart washer.
- Serving as a clerical assistant for the Therapeutic Recreation program.
- Serving as a Therapeutic Recreation “buddy.”
- Working with a team of individuals charged with organizing and cataloging decades worth of Parks memorabilia.
- Creating your own individual or group volunteer activity.
Volunteering with Parks & Recreation will provide opportunities to meet people, make the park system better than it is and to get outdoors.