Thanks to everyone who came out to the 2022 Gobble Grease Toss! We collected over 500 gallons of cooking oil from 106 participants. We hope to see you all again in 2023.
If you have cooking oil to dispose of before then, please remember that it should never be poured down the drain or put in your recycling cart.
- Save your cooking oil in a closed container with a lid until the next Gobble Grease Toss.
- Solidify your cooking oil in the fridge or freezer and dispose of it in the trash.
- Cooking and vegetable oil only; no food or motor oil.
- Bring cooking oil in a disposable, hard-sided container with a lid to prevent spills. Do not bring cooking oil in a bag.
- Lexington residents only. No businesses, please.
Thank you to our community partners who help with this event.
- Redwood Cooperative School
- University of Kentucky Center for Applied Energy Research
- Kelley Green Biofuel