The 2023 Gobble Grease Toss will be held on Friday, November 24.
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Redwood School, 166 Crestwood Dr.
Frying a Thanksgiving turkey? Never pour used cooking oil or grease down the drain. Bring it to us. Last year, we collected more than 500 gallons of cooking oil from 106 participants.
If you have cooking oil to dispose of before the event, please remember that it should never be poured down the drain or put in your recycling cart.
- Save your cooking oil in a closed container with a lid until the next Gobble Grease Toss.
- Solidify your cooking oil in the fridge or freezer and dispose of it in the trash.
- Cooking and vegetable oil only; no food or motor oil.
- Bring cooking oil in a disposable, hard-sided container with a lid to prevent spills. Do not bring cooking oil in a bag.
- Lexington residents only. No businesses, please.
Thank you to our community partners who help with this event.
- Redwood Cooperative School
- University of Kentucky Center for Applied Energy Research
- Kelley Green Biofuel