- PDR Application Information Sessions will occur at 1:00 and 7:00 on Thursday, July 24th at the Fayette County Extension Office at 1140 Red Mile Place.
- PDR Application Deadline is August 15, 2014. See attached Application.
To purchase conservation easements on 50,000 acres in the Rural Service Area to secure a critical mass of protected farmland for the general agriculture, equine and tourism industries.
Current map of conserved farms
244 farms totaling 28,169 acres are now permanently protected by conservation easements. PDR is now at 56.34% of the 50,000 acre goal defined in the Ordinance.
The types of farms in the program include 98 general agriculture, 133 equine and 13 'other' (sod, wooded, etc). The total includes 39 farms with donated conservation easements on 1,732 acres.
In accordance with the Urban County Government Charter and the Rural Land Management Plan (adopted in 1999), the PDR program supports the integrity of the Full Urban Services District. Concentrating growth in an urban center reduces the cost of public services to local government.
- To support the purpose of the Urban Service Boundary (adopted in 1958) as described in the Rural Land Management Plan.
- Protect the agricultural, equine and tourism economies of Fayette County by conserving large areas of farm land.
- Conserve and protect the natural, scenic, open space, historic and agricultural resources of rural Fayette County.
- Use conservation easements to preserve 50,000 acres of rural Fayette County.
- Provide local, state and federal funding over 20 years.
Fayette County Rural Land Management Board, Inc. (RLMB)
Click here for:
Beth Cawood Overman, Director
101 E. Vine Street, 5th floor
Lexington, KY. 40507