Fred V. Brown is returning to the Urban County Council to serve the 8th District, bringing with him fiscal responsibility from working as a self-employed certified public accountant (CPA) with over 40 years of experience in Lexington-Fayette County. He previously represented the district from 1994 - 2004.
During Fred's previous tenure on Council, he worked to make the district safer for constituents by successfully initiating the process to establish an East Sector Police Roll Call Center in the Gainesway Shopping Area. He was also responsible for the major renovation of the Tates Creek Aquatic Center and converting flooding and drainage areas into enjoyable greenspaces within the district.
- Add sidewalks on Armstrong Mill Road, creating safer pedestrian routes to neighborhood schools;
- Decrease traffic congestion by supporting measures that increase traffic signal efficiencies on our roadways;
- Ensure timely road repairs, such as resurfacing and filling potholes;
- Increase Police and Fire personnel and add a neighborhood officer; and,
- Support neighborhood vitality; preserve and enhance greenspace areas.
|COMMITTEES/ BOARD SERVICE
- Budget, Finance, and Economic Development Committee
- General Government and Social Services Committee
- Environmental Quality and Public Works Committee
- Internal Audit Board
- Lexington Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
- Transportation Policy Committee
Fred is married to Judy and has 3 adult daughters, 6 grandchildren.
He is a graduate of the University of Kentucky and a member of Porter Memorial Baptist Church.
Committed to the 8th District | Proven Public Servant | Accountable to Taxpayers