The Lexington Domestic Violence Prevention Board has compiled a list of service providers able to assist with:
- Protective orders
- Legal services
- Children and youth services
- Financial assistance
- Health services
All cases involving violence or threats between family members or partners are assigned to victim advocates for follow-up.
- Advocates attempt to contact the victims within 24 hours from the time the police are called.
- Advocates are available to assist victims in seeking information, linking to resources, and planning for safety.
- They are also able to update victims regarding case status and the court process, accompany victims to file protective orders, and attend court with victims.
- Bilingual services available
Circuit Court Cases involving all felonies may call the Commonwealth Attorney's Victim Advocate at (859) 246-2060.
District Court Cases involving all misdemeanors may call the County Attorney's Office Victim Advocate at (859) 254-4941.
Extra patrol requests
If you have been threatened with retaliation, intimidated, or fear further victimization and would like to request an extra patrol by officers, call (859) 258-3600.
Fraud, scams and identity theft
Visit the police department's Financial Crimes Unit page for information regarding crimes of:
- identity theft
- theft by deception
- fraudulent use of credit cards