All cases involving violence or threats between family members or partners are assigned to domestic violence advocates for follow-up.
- Advocates attempt to contact the victims within 24 hours from the time the police are called.
- Advocates are available to assist victims in seeking information, linking to resources, and planning for safety.
- They are also able to update victims regarding case status and the court process, accompany victims to file protective orders, and attend court with victims.
A referral is not necessary for advocacy services.
For more information, call (859) 258-3469 or (859) 258-3700.
Note: Charges may be filed by the police and the alleged offender may be prosecuted, regardless of whether or not the victim wants to bring charges. The decision to charge and prosecute a case is not determined by the victim’s acceptance or refusal of advocacy services.
Other advocacy agencies:
- Sheriff’s Office (859) 252-1771
- Bluegrass Domestic Violence Program 1-800-544-2022
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center 1-800-656-4673
Circuit Court Cases involving all felonies may call the Commonwealth Attorney's Victim Advocate at (859) 246-2060.
District Court Cases involving all misdemeanors may call the County Attorney's Office Victim Advocate at (859) 254-4941.
Extra patrol requests
If you have been threatened with retaliation, intimidated, or fear further victimization and would like to request an extra patrol by officers, call (859) 258-3600.
Additional resource contacts
- Alcoholics Anonymous - (859) 276-2917
- American Red Cross - (859) 253-1331
- Bluegrass East Comprehensive Care Center - (859) 233-0444
- Center for Women, Children & Families - (859) 254-9319
- Commonwealth's Attorney - (859) 246-2060
- Community Action Council - (859) 233-4600
- Community Based Services (Adults) - (859) 245-7136
- Community Based Services (Children) - (859) 245-5258
- Kentucky Department for Social Services - (859) 246-2298
- Domestic Violence Crisis Line (859) 255-9808 / 800-544-2022
- Eastern State Hospital - (859) 246-7000
- Emergency Protective Orders (District Court) - (859) 246-2248
- Equifax - 1 (888) 766-0008
- Experian - 1 (888) 888-8553
- Fayette County Attorney's Office - (859) 254-4941
- Fayette County Bar Assoc. Pro Bono Program - (859) 255-7244
- Fayette County District Court - (859) 246-2228
- Fayette County Health Dept - (859) 252-2371
- Fayette County Sheriff's Office - (859) 252-1771
- Office of Homelessness Prevention & Intervention - (859) 258-3105
- Legal Aid of the Bluegrass - (859) 233-4556
- Rape Crisis Center - (859) 253-2615
- The Ridge (hospital/substance abuse/mental health) - (859) 269-2325
- Trans Union - 1 (800) 680-7289
- United Way's First Link (referrals to services) - (859) 313-5465