City agencies share information, images, and video with the public through external social media websites. Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official city site where the agency allows users to post content. The content shall pertain to the subject of the social media site and not violate the comment policy articulated below. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be hidden. Users should have no expectation of privacy when posting to a city site.
Comments made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by LFUCG personnel, a comment may be deleted if it violates the comment policy described here.
- Malicious or harmful software.
- Comments posted by automatic software programs (ie. bots).
- Advertisements, promotions, or solicitations of a commercial product or service.
- Confidential, sensitive, or private information.
- Obscene, indecent or profane language, pictures and/or videos.
- Threats of violence or to public safety.
- Copyrighted or trademarked materials in violation of state or federal law.
- Comments not related to the posted topic for the LFUCG social media page or post.
- Disruptively repetitive content.
- Violate any local, state, or federal laws and/or is otherwise unlawful.
Social media accounts for work may not be established without prior approval. Questions or concerns regarding the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government's social media activity or this Customer Use Policy should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, refer to CAO Policy 50: Social Media Policy.
CAO Policy 50: Social Media Policy