To mitigate the acute threat of housing insecurity, posed by a resident’s imminent eviction and/or utility service disconnection, due to loss of wage-earnings and associated adverse economic impacts of COVID-19 pandemic.
Are you an employee in a service industry that works directly with the public?
- Community service organizations (non-profit)
- Child care and health care
- Educational (schools, colleges and universities)
- Retail and customer service
- Food, hospitality & entertainment
Did your place of employment shut down or close for business due to COVID-19?
Were you laid off or furloughed from your job due to COVID-19?
Are you a Lexington resident, and having difficulty making rent or utility payments?
If yes, you may be eligible for financial assistance through RHISE
RHISE is a federally-funded program to help residents manage housing costs while returning to the workforce. Household income limits apply.
- Housing costs more than 30 days past due
- Imminent residential eviction
- Imminent utility disconnection
Up to $4,000 per household for rent and/or utility payments.
How to make an appointment
Call Community & Resident Services at (859) 300-5300 to schedule an appointment for financial assistance with rent, mortgage and/or utility costs.
Note: Eligible clients will receive the appropriated financial assistance as long as funds are available.