Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional protocols are in place to ensure healthy at work standards while still allowing for public comment. The meetings will be held via video teleconference due to the COVID-19 pandemic state of emergency because it is not feasible to offer a primary physical location for the meeting. You may view the meeting on LexTV spectrum channel 185, Metronet channel 3, Windstream channels 3 and 20, or via live stream.
Residents may choose to make a public comment in one of two ways:
- Register to speak during a zoom meeting
- Submit a written comment to be entered into the official meeting record.
The registration link and listed process is for Urban County Council standing committees, work sessions and council meetings only.
Prepare for the meeting
- Set up your equipment.
- Download the Zoom desktop app or on your cell phone via the app store.
- Make sure your smartphone, tablet, computer or other device has speakers and a microphone.
- Use a headset with a microphone, if possible, to reduce background noise.
- Review the agenda and other information for the meeting.
- If you wish to make a public comment you must register by noon the day prior to the meeting.
- If you do not feel comfortable participating in a video teleconference meeting, written comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be distributed to all councilmembers and added to the official record.
Join a meeting by smartphone, tablet, computer or other device:
- Join a meeting by clicking on a Zoom link provided by the meeting host or using the information posted on the city calendar. This may prompt you to download and run the Zoom app.
- Enter the meeting ID and password.
- Click to join the audio conference. At this point, you will be able to hear and see the meeting on your device.
Participate in a meeting
- The chair of the meeting will announce public comment.
- The order of speaking will be determined by the order of registration.
- Listen for name and address to be stated.
- Each speaker must state their name and address for the record.
- Each speaker will be given three minutes to speak.
- Speakers cannot yield their time to others.
As soon as a speaker completes their remarks the will be returned to the waiting room